Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: Climax Group Incorporated
Platform: PlayStation® Portable handheld entertainment system
Players: Single player, 2-4 players via wireless multiplayer connectivity
Launch Date: October 2006
ESRB Rating: “RP” for Rating Pending
The most intense handheld off-road racing package is back with ATV Offroad Fury® Pro for the
PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system. In addition to the adrenaline rush of pure ATV racing, players can now choose from more than 30 total vehicles to race, including MX bikes, buggies, and Trophy Trucks to compete on 64 all-new tracks, including tracks from the original ATV Offroad Fury titles.
Supporting up to four players via wireless multiplayer connectivity, players will speed through more than 30 visually stunning environments with six distinct terrain types including snow, dirt, mud, ice, water, and grass. Featuring five new events, new vehicles and mini-games, and cross compatibility with
ATV Offroad Fury® 4 for the PlayStation®2, ATV Offroad Fury Pro will provide players the opportunity to tackle the trickiest off-road courses anytime, anywhere.
- New Cross-Connection Compatibility with ATV Offroad Fury 4 for PS2 – Players are now able to share customized circuits, exchange and upgrade vehicles, share trading cards, and access chat rooms and newsgroups with the upcoming ATV Offroad Fury 4 for PS2.
- New Shared Online Community – Players can access message boards and view scores, rankings, player profiles, and exchange game data with other players.
- Multiplayer Gameplay – Gamers can compete locally against friends or race fans around the country via wireless multiplayer connectivity, either via Ad Hoc or Infrastructure Mode.
- More than 30 ATVs, MX bikes, buggies, and Trophy trucks provide players the ultimate selection of racing vehicles.
- A vehicle tuning system allows players to change tire type, exhaust, gear ratios, and more.
- Customizable component parts for vehicles and riders along with color designs and logos to place on panels and rider gear - showing rider experience in events.
- New Mini-games:
- Rings of fire (Ad Hoc and Infrastructure) – Race to the finish line by attempting to drive through a series of rings. Players will be able to place rings of fire within a level using ATV Offroad Fury’s franchise-based waypoint editor technology.
- Card Battle (Ad Hoc and Infrastructure) – Go head-to-head against other players to win parts, gear, and full vehicles by comparing stats and betting on categories.
- Pool (Single-player only and time-based) – Use a favorite ATV as the cue ball and attempt to hit the other balls in the pocket.
- Other returning mini-games include Bomb Dodge, Treasure Hunt, and Graveyard Madness.
- All-New Race Modes:
- Endurocross – Select from various ATVs and MX bikes to race on tough obstacle based indoor courses.
- Rallycross – Select from various buggies and trophy trucks to race through fast-paced outdoor courses.
- Circuit – Choose a favorite buggy or trophy truck to race the competition on a wide variety of circuit courses.
- Snowcross – Players can race skidoos exclusively.
- Rally: Players can race rally cars exclusively.
- Key returning Race Modes:
- Practice – Players may ride any available course for an unlimited duration. The game will also include a training course and waypoint editor.
- Lap Attack – Race against the clock to gain the best time and master the track before a race.
- Single Race – Players compete against each other or the artificial intelligence on any available course.
- Championships – Compete in a variety of championships to earn a gold, silver or bronze trophy and unlock new ATVs, tracks, and other goodies. Mode includes a new short track and One-day events.
- Freeride – Players drive anywhere, as long as they want, on any available environment, without lap count or time restrictions.
- Players can store complete gameplay progression as well as unlocked data, vehicles, component parts, and rider gear in Garage Mode.
- 30 unique freestyle tricks that show off rider skills, including combos and linkers.
- Six distinct terrain types including snow, dirt, mud, ice, water, and grass present distinct handling challenges.
- Visually stunning backgrounds with water and mud effects include fully interactive objects such as ramps, tires, cones, and trees.