Baseball Mogul 2008 Screenshots
* NEW Baseball Mogul Encyclopedia - Outputs over 30,000 interlinked HTML pages. Historical leaders tracked in over 70 stats by team and season; hitting, pitching and fielding stats at every level; annual financial records; everything you need to analyze and enjoy your baseball universe.
* NEW Database Engine - Records every stat for every player, even after they're dead. Also automatically loads every historical player so you can easily compare your promising rookies to the best players of all time.
* NEW User Interface - Improves the visual appeal of each screen while also putting more stats at your fingertips. The new 'Status Bar' lets you know about top stories without interrupting your game, and keeps key info at your fingertips. Plus improved support for customized logos and skins.
* NEW Financial Model - Automatically adjusts revenue levels and salaries to the correct level for each era, from 1901 to 2007, and beyond.
* NEW Player Development Engine - We examined the career paths of thousands of real players to create more realistic aging and scouting algorithms. Draft day is now more unpredictable -- but we've also added the ability to adjust these settings as you see fit.
* NEW Physics-Based Simulation - We've combined over 30 years experience writing statistical simulations and arcade-style baseball games to bring you the most realistic baseball experience possible. Now you can follow the path of the ball on screen, with the correct underlying physics. From the effects of weather and friction to the correct spin on each pitch, Baseball Mogul continues to give you the most realistic results possible, backed by a real-world physics model.
* NEW "Save Anytime" Feature - Now you can save and resume right in the middle of "Play By Play Mode".
* NEW Ticker Tape - Shows updated standings and leaders, even in the middle of each at-bat.
* NEW Expanded Scouting Report - More room for more stats like OPS, GDP, Intentional Walks, Ground Ball Percent, and DICE.
* NEW 2007 Rosters - Off-season moves, free agent signings, and trades. Detailed career stats, ratings, contracts and projections as of Opening Day. Plus new hand-edited data for over 2,500 minor leaguers.
* NEW Roster Tools - Baseball Mogul 2008 includes an updated player editor for creating and tweaking your own custom rosters. Mogul makes it easy to customize your baseball universe to run a league or just to share with friends.
* UPDATED Player Database - Includes more than 18,000 players from 1901 to 2007. You can play as any team in any year.
* UPDATED Pitcher Database - Season-by-season pitch data for over 1,200 pitchers that you can't find anywhere else. Includes individually researched ratings for every pitch in each pitcher's arsenal, going back to 1901. From Gaylord Perry's spitball to Daisuke Matsuzaka's "Gyroball", Baseball Mogul 2008 is the most complete baseball simulation you can buy.
* Animated Play-By-Play - In-game Manager Mode lets you call plays and make substitutions as if you were in the dugout. Or retire to the owner's box and let your coaches and players control the action. It's up to you!
* Pitch-By-Pitch Mode - Fully interactive pitch-by-pitch mode puts you in complete control of the game. Graphical batting and pitching interface gives you pinpoint control over each pitch. Brush back the batter with an inside fastball, then put him away with a splitter in the dirt.
* Lefty-Righty Stats - Baseball Mogul 2008 tracks every match-up. Whether you are pinch-hitting in the 9th or trading for someone to platoon with your left-handed outfielder, Baseball Mogul puts all the data at your fingertips. Every scouting report includes lefty/righty splits, plus a skill breakdown against each type of pitcher (or hitter).
* Fast Simulation Speed - It wouldn't be Baseball Mogul if you had to take a bathroom break while the season progressed. Baseball Mogul 2008 can play a full season, including all computer trades and roster moves, in under 30 seconds. We re-wrote the simulation engine and then we optimized it. And then we optimized it again -- because baseball should be fun!
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Baseball Mogul 2008
More On GameRevolution