Blinx: The Time Sweeper Screenshots
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Publisher: Microsoft® Game Studios
Developer: Artoon Co. LTD.
Format: DVD for Xbox™ video game system
Price: $49.99 SRP
Availability: Fall 2002
Blinx: The Time Sweeper is a fast-paced action game featuring a cool, clever new character in wild, warped worlds. The ability to control the flow of time provides a totally new gaming experience only possible on Xbox.
Blinx is a cat on a mission to fix glitches in time. With the aid of his trusty and powerful Time Sweeper, the TS1000, Blinx recovers lost time crystals and fights Time Monsters in his attempt to rescue a kidnapped princess and return order to the world.
- Clever, Cool Cat - At the Time Factory, where time is manufactured and managed, Blinx has worked as Time Sweeper and janitor for years. His daily tasks include collecting lost time crystals before they cause glitches in time. When Blinx hears that a princess has been taken hostage by a family of thugs who plan to steal all of the time crystals and abuse their powers, he decides to take matters into his own paws. Join Blinx on an adventure to find the missing princess, save the Time Factory and restore "timely" world order.
- Time Control - Actually control the flow of time, a feature only possible on Xbox. Record actions, play them back and have dual characters cooperate to complete challenges. Throw the world into slow motion while moving about in real-time, fast-forward to achieve goals more quickly, or even rewind the world to gain additional opportunities at completing challenges, opening hidden areas and more.
- Totally Twisted Worlds - Glitches in time impact the various worlds that Blinx visits. Night and day occur simultaneously, buildings are warped to the point of falling over - things are definitely not as they appear. Visit nearly 40 fantastical levels in "warped-reality" worlds inspired by Venice, canyons, caves, ancient ruins, even an MC Escher-inspired "fourth dimension."
- The Time Sweeper - What would Blinx do without his Time Sweeper? The most important piece of equipment for the job, the TS1000 stores time crystals, picks up trash, and can even be used in sticky situations by using the powerful suction to climb vines and ropes or grab ceilings and walls. Throw the TS 1000 in reverse for enough blowing power to blast items at enemies.
- Upgradeable Weapons and Abilities - Need extra power to move larger obstacles? Blinx sweeps up trash from the streets to supplement his meager income from the Time Factory. Use the additional wages at the Shop to buy cooler gear and power-ups which enhance gameplay performance, or to purchase souped-up versions of the Time Sweeper (like the TS2000, TS3000, TS-FIRE).
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Blinx: The Time Sweeper