Developer: Nival Interactive
Release date: 9/15/05
Powerful Game Play
Blitzkrieg II offers a tremendous focus on new strategic opportunities, global war and the gritty realism of historically accurate battles of WWII. On the side of Soviet Armed Forces, US Army or German Wehrmacht you plan entire operations and lead your men into fierce action, choosing reinforcements and utilizing a wide range of new weapons in three ull-blown campaigns spanning the globe. A new graphics engine puts you in control of the bloodiest conflict of the past century.
Decide what missions to play, accumulate and call in multiple types of reinforcements, capture train stations or airfields to receive more troops by railroad an achieve air supremacy. Accomplish tactical objectives and missions to support your war efforts at a strategic level and dominate decisive battles throughout the games campaigns.
Promote and assign commanders to combat units as you expand your tactical advantage with over 50 unique skills and real-life abilities. Order engineers to plant TNT charges and blast passing enemy units, use linked grenades for extra damage, suppress infantry with flak fire and master combat techniques newly introduced in Blitzkrieg II.
The Philippines , Iwo Jima , Tobruk, Moscow , Stalingrad , Ardennes - fight on every major front of WWII. From the heart of Europe to the deadly jungle isles of the Pacific, campaigns span the globe, with each mission offering a unique challenge. Mission goals vary from counter attacks and air warfare to covert ops and amphibious landings.
Acces hundreds of authentic weapons from the "Satan" flamethrower tank to the Tiger II and T-35 monsters. New weaponry includes "Zero" fighters, V-2 ballistic missiles and 305-mm railroad guns. Make use of special forces, sappers, assault engineers and even guard dogs!
- Three sizeable, historically-accurate campaigns that span the globe with 80 painstakingly researched single- and multi-player missions, including a thorough representation of the World War II challenges faced by the German, Soviet, and the U.S. military and their commanders.
- Over 250 realistically modeled military units, including 60 types of infantry, along with a comprehensive battlefield recognition guide that serves as in-game military unit encyclopedia.
- Realistic combat modeling that considers armor plating, penetration effectiveness, reload times, angle of shots, unit experience, and literally tracks every round fired, and more. Tanks may throw tracks and become disabled, while infantry can ride in appropriate wheeled and amphibious vehicles. Aircraft and naval units now play a decisive and player-controllable role.
- A dynamic campaign interface that rewards historical play, but does not require it. Players gain experience and may appoint battlefield commanders to imbue units under their command with additional capabilities and improve their effectiveness. Successful commanders will gain unit upgrades and newly introduced unit types. Reinforcements must be carefully balanced to create an effective force composition and to provide sufficient strength in individual missions, yet must also be conserved for the operation as a whole.
- A full-featured editor that allows the creation of everything from simple modifications of existing battles into "what if" alternatives to brand new missions and entire linked-mission chapters.