UBISOFT AND GEARBOX SOFTWARE ANNOUNCE BROTHERS IN ARMS® D-DAY FOR PSP® SYSTEM
San Francisco, Calif. – August 30, 2006 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, and Gearbox Software, one of the world’s leading independent video game developers, announced Brothers In Arms® D-Day, a World War II squad-based action game available exclusively for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system. Developed specifically for the PSP system, Brothers In Arms® D-Day will offer a new and unique gaming experience. Players will experience the intensity of WWII through the stories of Sergeants Baker and Hartsock and their squad of paratroopers during the Normandy invasion. Brothers in Arms® D-Day is being developed by Ubisoft Shanghai in collaboration with Gearbox Software and will be available in fall 2006.
Brothers In Arms® D-Day brings players the best of the Brothers In Arms® franchise in a handheld gaming system. Players will experience D-Day as a Screaming Eagle with more tactics and action exclusive to the PSP system. Now players can surprise the enemy for the ultimate advantage in firefights, leading a fire team throughout the entire Normandy campaign. For the first time, players will also be able to lead a bazooka team, order their squad on an MG42, or fire mortar rounds. An enhanced co-op mode (Skirmish) offers players a 12-mission campaign.
• PSP system debut: The highest rated World War II franchise hits the PSP system for the first time, bringing both Baker and Hartsock to a new platform.
• Developed specifically for the PSP system: Unique gameplay sequences designed specifically for the on-the-go nature of handheld gaming with all-new controls specific to the PSP system.
• The best of Brothers In Arms® with exclusive content: New teammate capabilities, improved enemy A.I., new weapons and destroyable cover make their way to the handheld
• Storyline specific to PSP: Play as Baker as you make your way to Carentan and as Hartsock as you head toward St. Sauveur, encompassing the entire Normandy campaign.
• Co-op multiplayer (Skirmish mode): Play with a friend over ad hoc (wireless) through 12 different Skirmish missions in four different game modes through the co-op campaign.