Circus Maximus: Chariot Wars
Availability: In leading software retail outlets nationwide first quarter, 2002
Platform: Xbox video game system from Microsoft, NTSC/ - U.S.
Circus Maximus: Chariot Wars combines the thrill of combat with the adrenaline rush of racing. This takes place in huge environments throughout the Roman Empire, from the frozen wastelands of Germania to the Coliseum in the heart of ancient Rome.
Competitors race to the finish line, and use skill and strategy to avoid obstacles, outwit competing teams and battle against other chariots. Players must keep balanced on a chariot that is careening down narrow uneven roads, tracks and bridges.
Adding to the excitement is the players' ability to control two characters: the driver and the warrior. The driver maneuvers the chariots and guides the stallions as they charge through the twisting terrain, while the warrior fights with a signature weapon and shield. Competitors can play as many as 20 different characters while taking on different opponent teams.
Number of Players:
- Seven environments (Germania, Rome, Cyprus, Britannia, Alexandria,
Circus Maximus and Circus of Nero), each with its own track, shortcuts,
hazards and objects
- Different chariots, horses, drivers and warriors with individual strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to control both the driver and the warrior
- As many as 20 different characters and multiple opponent teams
- Challenging racing action with three difficulty settings
- Arcade and tournament game play modes
- Different weapons and special moves
- Power-ups and hidden secrets
- A unique gameplay mode offering close to 20 challenges that, if completed, unlock
a hidden team (chariot, driver, horse, warrior)
- Special unlocks that offer backwards versions of all seven environments with unique
lighting and obstacles
- Super-detailed graphics and awesome sound and music
Development website: www.hailrome.com
- Single player, or
- Up to 4-person multi-player, including two-person co-op, two-person head-to-head,
and four-person head-to-head
Publisher: Encore Software
Developer: Kodiak Interactive
Price: Approximately $50
ESRB Rating: Not yet rated; target is Teen