Close Combat: Wacht in Rhine Screenshots
Staten Island, NY, October 23rd, 2008 – Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Strategy 3 Tactics are thrilled to announce that their remake of the Close Combat series’ take on Battle of the Bulge – Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein – has gone gold! Gamers will soon have the chance to enjoy the improved and expanded remake of this classic title complete with tons of new art, a new grand campaign, and much more!
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Newcomers to the renowned Close Combat series will no doubt find Wacht am Rhein wholly addicting and fun. The veterans of the series have even more to be excited about as the Strategy 3 Tactics team has added so much to the remake without changing the fantastic core gameplay.”
Based on Atomic Games’ award-winning Close Combat series, Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein brings together the classic top-down tactical gameplay from the original series and plenty of new features, expansions, and improvements! This remake based on Close Combat: Battle of the Bulge gives newcomers and veterans to the series alike a vastly improved and expanded version of the original experience. The Wacht am Rhein remake comes with a brand new Grand Campaign including a new strategic map with 64 gorgeous hand-drawn tactical maps, over 70 scenarios, tons of new interface and unit graphics, countless engine improvements, and much more!
In Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein, you take command of US or German forces and either retrace the last steps of Hitler’s army in one desperate attempt to turn the tide of the impending allied victory or ride to the rescue with General Patton and push back the German offensive to reclaim Bastogne.
Also included is a bonus “classic” version of the original Close Combat IV.
• Vastly improved and expanded rebuild of the critically acclaimed Close Combat: Battle of Bulge title, originally developed by Atomic Games.
• New enhanced Grand Campaign with a new strategy level map as well as 64 gorgeous hand-drawn tactical level maps.
• 70+ scenarios based on real-world battles, operations and campaigns.
• New graphics for the user interface, aircraft, vehicles and other graphics.
• An easy-to-use but powerful Scenario Editor - Create your own "what if" Scenarios.
• Largely expanded moddability: all strategic layer features, all campaign details including weather, turns per day, scoring, support mission (artillery, airstrike) capabilities for both Germans and Americans, battlegroup recycling, battlegroup retreat/disband, supply and much more!
• Enhanced head-to-head combat modes including: 24/7 campaigns.
• Further improvements have been made to the AI to enhance most, if not all, performance issues: vehicle pathing, infantry tactics, team and unit morale, overall AI aggressiveness and decision-making in general.
• Accurately depicts World War II tactical warfare and its challenges
• Realistic soldier psychological profiles during combat.
Get more information on Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein from its official product page.
ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2000, Matrix Games has published over three dozen titles and several award-winning games, including War in the Pacific, Conquest of the Aegean, Gary Grigsby's World At War: A World Divided, Crown of Glory, Battles In Normandy, Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare, Starshatter: The Gathering Storm and The Operational Art of War III. Matrix Games is based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.