Combat Flight Sim 3 Screenshots
"Combat Flight Simulator 3" Fact Sheet
February 27, 2002
What: Microsoft® "Combat Flight Simulator 3"
Developer: Microsoft Corp.
Availability: Scheduled for fall 2002
Format: CD-ROM for the Microsoft® Windows® 98, 2000 and XP operating systems
"Combat Flight Simulator 3" places players in the position of either a fighter, a ground attack or bomber pilot in the thick of World War II, from 1943 to the end of the war, allowing them to feel the heart-pounding rush of low-to-the-ground air combat over the European countryside. Players can enlist for the U.S. Army Air Force, Britain's Royal Air Force (RAF) or the German Luftwaffe as they fly missions revolving around air superiority, close air support and low-altitude tactical bombing.
- Low Altitude-high impact - For the first time in the history of the franchise, "Combat Flight Simulator 3" allows players to lead exciting high-speed, low-altitude strafing runs to bomb strategic enemy targets.
- Fly WWII's finest - "Combat Flight Simulator 3" features a stunning collection of 18 WWII aircraft, including the first jet fighters in history, realistically rendered in the tradition of the Combat Flight Simulator franchise.
- Experience Europe in a new light - "Combat Flight Simulator 3" features a new graphics engine designed specifically to showoff highly-detailed and enhanced 3D models and textures while flying in fast, low altitude action.
- Live the life of an authentic WWII pilot - Pilots manage new character role-playing attributes, including G-force tolerance, vision and physical health that change throughout the course of the war campaign.
- Experience aerial action that never ends - With enhanced online cooperative multiplayer action, players coordinate with friends to influence how battles are fought on persistent campaign servers.
- Soar alongside friends - Friends become wingmen as players work together to achieve mission goals. Players can coordinate to man a bomber, playing the role of either bombardier or gunner. "Combat Flight Simulator 3" owners can host their own campaign and mission servers to simulate a persistent online multiplayer game, allowing players to continue to fly WWII missions in an ongoing campaign..
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Combat Flight Sim 3