Developer: Pivotal Games
Ship date: 10/3/05
Conflict: Global Terror brings the Conflict series into the 21st century! Set within the modern day context of counter-terrorism, the game, using a 100% rebuilt engine, boasts radically enhanced graphics, improved order system, highly detailed characters, hi-tech weaponry and is a clear generation above previous installments.
Story: A new force in global terrorism, 'March 33' is emerging. Descendents from the ODESSA Nazis and vehement in their task to bring about a new world order, they embark on a campaign of extreme violence and intimidation.
Tasked with defeating March 33 is a rapid response-counter terrorist unit: Bradley, Jones, Connors and Foley ‚Ä“ the heroes from the original Conflict: Desert Storm games are back! Having been betrayed by a mole within their own command unit they are ambushed and, covering their escape, Foley goes MIA....
They must enlist the help of sniper Carrie Sherman to uncover March 33's plans and force the mole to show its true colors.
- An exciting variety of missions from infiltrating enemy bases to preventing terrorists from destabilizing the world!
- Different paths to mission completion from stealthy insertion to all out combat action.
- Take the fight to real political hotspots around the world.
- Smarter soldiers, with greater combat and environment awareness
- All-new physics engine with ultra-realistic rag-doll effects
- Superior enemy AI. Terrorists now use cover points and attack and retreat tactics.
- Immediate control of any squad member at any time
- Issue entire team or individual soldier orders via an intuitive and rapid control system
- Greatly improved character behaviors including vaulting over objects and walls, climbing through windows, abseil from helicopters and utilizing zip-lines and ladders
- New aim-assist system replaces automatic-aim control, bringing a deeper skill element to combat
- Totally overhauled character appearances, with incredibly detailed uniforms and faces, and location-specific uniforms for squad and enemies.