Conflict: Vietnam Screenshots
Published by Gathering
Developed by Pivotal Games
Platforms: PlayStation 2, Xbox, PC
Release date: Fall 2004
In a conflict that lasted 11 years and killed over 3 million people, four
men are going to have the longest 28 days of their lives. Cut off behind enemy
lines during the 1968 Tet Offensive with no way to contact help, four young,
barely trained soldiers realize their only hope for survival is to head into
the heart of darkness. With few rations and dwindling ammunition, the only
thing that separates them from freedom is 100 miles of ruthless terrain, crawling
with unseen enemies and filled with hidden booby traps. Their goal isn't to
win the war. They just want to make it home alive.
- The third game in the hugely successful Conflict series.
- Fourteen enormous missions will take players deep into the Vietnamese
jungle, through small villages, into ruined temples, and down Viet
Cong tunnel complexes.
- Dynamic lighting, vegetation that shifts with wind and movement,
an abundance of animals, and deformable environments bring the jungle
- Use performance-based points after each mission to develop your
characters in 9 skill categories such as Sniper, Medic, and Demolitions.
- A revitalized control scheme allows context sensitive commands
such as giving covering fire, guarding civilians, and flanking enemies.
- Splitting paths give players varying options in how to finish missions.
Bonus objectives drive players to discover and explore more.
- An era-specific arsenal of over 20 weapons including assault rifles,
mortars, and .50 caliber machine guns.
- A wide range of vehicles puts your squad behind the wheel of APCs,
Jeeps, tanks, helicopters and river boats.
- Paranoia inducing AI with enemies that set booby traps, strike
from hidden areas, and coordinate their attacks in an environment
that they are the masters of.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Conflict: Vietnam