"Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars" is a sequel of "Cossacks: European Wars," the hit of 2000-2001. Developed on a new 3D engine, the game combines 2D graphics and the latest achievements in 3D technologies. Significant rework on the engine as well as a number of gameplay innovations allow for presenting the game on a new level. "Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars" answers to the latest technology advances and provides a chance to even hardcore RTS gamers to experience a brand new gameplay of historical battles played on the true-to-life scale, with tactics and strategy particularities of warring sides taken into account.
The game brings along six nations that played a leading role in the history of Napoleonic wars. These are France, Britain, Austria, Russia, Prussia and Egypt, with each country possessing its unique and peculiar abilities, architecture, development tree and military features.
Napoleonic period brought "civilized" warfare, fighting in combat formations into being. The very principle is put into practice in Cossacks II gameplay. Generally speaking, formations play a decisive role on the battlefields whereas individual units are mostly ineffective. Players are given a chance to lead their armies to victory through the pandemonium of epic battles with up to 64,000 units on the map, which is virtually the scale of real combats. What is more, ability to zoom in and soar upwards to get a bird's-eye view of the battle makes Cossacks II the most spectacular game on the Napoleonic era.
- Historical RTS on new 3D engine
- 3D landscape (True Color) providing immense tactical possibilities
- Support for new-generation video cards, pixel and vertex shaders, etc.
- Coverage of European military conflicts of 19th century, Napoleonic war
- Battles on real historical scale with tens of thausands of units on one map
- 6 nations: France, Britain, Austria, Russia, Prussia, Egypt
- Over 150 unique units and 180 building types
- Over 1000 elements of flora and fauna
- Historically accurate campaigns, heroes as historical figures
- New level of economic and military management
- Simulation of commander
- Simulation of historical battles in single- and multiplayer game against AI
- Enhanced combat formations and tactical orders
- Realistic morale and fatigue
- Enhanced diplomacy
- Physical 3D engine providing realistic ballistics of bullet and cannonball
- Gaming over LAN and Internet in Deathmatch, Battles and Battle For Europe modes