Arctic Circle, Russian North Pole station "Pole 21", 1968. Alexander Nesterov is a meteorologist caught inside the "North Wind," an old nuclear ice-breaker, frozen in the ice many years ago. This steel beast once fought for its country, but it fell into an ice trap as did every living thing onboard.
Alex will fight the cold and what lives within as he tries to find out what happened. Cryostasis is a drama about a Captain and his Ship evolving in the atmosphere of ice and animal fear.
- The game develops with the unique "Mental Echo" ability - penetrate another character's memory and change the actions taken by the character in the past to affect the present
- Highly detailed levels based on a real Russian ice-breaker
- More than 15 powerful enemies with unique capabilities
- 7 NPC's which will help to reveal the true story
- 8 historically-authentic types of weapons
- A physics and weather system with realistic ice, frost and snow