Dark Sector Screenshots
Dark Sector thrusts players into the role of Hayden Tenno, a government operative sent into a dangerous assassination mission in Lasria – an Eastern European city on the brink of ruin that hides a deadly Cold War secret. Attacked by an unknown enemy, he awakens to find part of his body altered by an infection that has granted him inhuman abilities. Now, Hayden must learn to evolve along with his powers, to survive and to become a hero. Created by acclaimed developer Digital Extremes, Dark Sector is a new and original action-thriller designed exclusively for next-generation consoles. A dark, gritty experience packed with fast action, incredible superpowers and an engaging story; Dark Sector represents the next evolution of action gaming.
• All-New, Original Action Title – Built from the ground-up specifically for next-generation consoles, Dark Sector offers an original storyline that absorbs players in the most cinematic and emotionally-gripping 3rd person action game to date.
• Evolution Powers – After infection by a bio-weapon parasite, Hayden will physically grow specialized superpowers that become more lethal and sophisticated over time. There are three evolution powers, each becoming more powerful as they evolve throughout the game
• The Glaive – Evolution Power #1 – A bladed disc that grows out of Hayden’s infected hand, this weapon will be one of the key elements throughout the game. The disc will have multiple uses, it can be thrown at enemies with brutal results, used as a magnet to retrieve distant weapons and objects, contains a light that can be used in dark areas, can be used in conjunction with conventional weapons (i.e. attachment of a grenade) and more. The strength and versatility of this weapon make it truly unique and compelling
• No HUD – Dark Sector removes traditional on-screen elements such as health bars and ammo meters, instead using the character himself as the HUD. As the character takes damage he will begin to physically show it, ammunition levels will be displayed on guns, available weapons and inventory will be displayed on the character – all serving to keep the player focused on the character and the game
• Intuitive controls – Hayden will respond and react accordingly to his surrounding environment – i.e. walk to a wall or pillar and he will automatically take cover behind it without player input. Simplified and intuitive controls again allow the player to focus on the game and not memorizing complex control schemes and inventory management
• Dynamic Camera – Dark Sector employs an over-the-shoulder 3rd person perspective giving the player a full view of the world around him, while also showing full visual of the character allowing for the player to make a connection with the character
• Upgradeable conventional weapons – Beyond the evolution powers, Hayden will have an arsenal of conventional weapons at his disposal that can all be upgraded and made more powerful throughout the game
• Intelligent AI – Players will employ special tactics while encountering new and different enemy combat tactics as AI communicate amongst themselves, take cover and offer realistic responses to player actions.
• Compelling Main Character – Hayden Tenno is a cold-blooded, ruthless character who has superhero type power and responsibility thrust upon him – a true anti-hero. Similar to Kratos in God of War, Hayden is a badass who makes no excuses for his actions. Through the storyline, players will witness Hayden’s transformation into something more than he was, his fight against the powers taking over his body and the effects it has on his psyche.
• Innovative multiplayer component – Details to be revealed at a later date.
Publisher: D3Publisher of America, Inc
Developer: Digital Extremes
Release Date: Fall 2007
Platform: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
Suggested Retail Price: TBD
ESRB Rating: “RP” (“Rating Pending”)
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Dark Sector
More On GameRevolution