DarkStar One Screenshots
Release Date: June 2006
Publisher: CDV Software Entertainment USA
Developer: Ascaron Entertainment
Genre: Action Adventure
DarkStar One is an open-ended action/adventure title set in a huge universe populated by a
variety of unique alien races. Players will take on the role of an intrepid young adventurer, Kayron
Jarvis, as he explores space, upgrading and customizing his ship – the DarkStar One. The
game's story, written by renowned German Fantasy and Science Fiction author Claudia Kern, will
immerse players in a tale of action and intrigue as Kayron searches for answers surrounding the
death of his father.
Features of Darkstar One include:
- Freedom of choice -- players can take a number of different paths and approaches to
earn money and upgrades as they solve the mystery of the death of Kayron's father.
Gamers choose to play as a trader, mercenary, smuggler, pirate or any combination
thereof, customizing their tactics to suit their individual playing style.
- A fully customizable and upgradeable ship – the DarkStar One. Players can create a
fast attack boat, heavy cruiser or a hybrid of the two styles from parts purchased or
captured from enemies.
- More than 200 weapons, shields and equipment upgrades -- including rockets,
torpedoes and mines, each featuring a special tactical or trade benefit.
- The "Spell Weapon" -- the player will have a special weapon at his disposal that will
have an area of effect similar to spells in role-playing games. This weapon will become
increasingly powerful and versatile throughout the game.
- A vast universe -- comprised of more than 400 solar systems populated by six distinct
races, encouraging player exploration. Alien races utilize unique equipment, tactics and
weapons that the player may capture or purchase and use to upgrade the DarkStar One.
- A huge variety of special missions –- The action takes place in environments such as
canyons, planetary surfaces and planetary interiors.
- A powerful 3D graphics engine -- ships, aliens, effects and environments are rendered
in lush detail
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about DarkStar One