In collaboration with urban lifestyle powerhouse Def Jam Interactive, EA Chicago—the team behind the critically acclaimed EA SPORTS™ Fight Night series—is integrating hip hop culture and gaming like never before. With the hottest music seamlessly infused into the world around you, the game’s environments pulsate, crumble, and explode to life with every bone-jarring beat. Time your attacks to the driving bass and use falling debris and exposed environmental hazards to pound your rivals.
Featuring an all-new single-player story, the game takes you deep into the life of a high-rolling hip hop mogul to build a record label, discover new superstars, and become a hip hop icon.
Infusing hip-hop music, culture and lifestyle into the gameplay, EA Chicago and Def Jam Interactive continue to push the boundaries of game development bringing unique and innovative content to the next generation of gaming, changing the way fighting games are played.
· Music is Your Weapon—Beats trigger interactive hazards around you as your environment comes alive and reacts to the music. From exploding gas pumps to spinning helicopter propellers, taking advantage of your surroundings is just as important as your toe-to-toe fighting skills. Become one with the beats to rule the streets.
· DJ Controls—Use the analog sticks like turntables to add beats, switch songs, and make music your weapon. Take control of the music to control the outcome of the fight!
· Become a Hip Hop Icon—The story mode will allow you to build an empire and live the life of a music mogul by signing artists, managing their careers, and releasing their hit songs. Do whatever it takes to become an icon in the world of hip hop. But beware—you never know who is watching you.
· Hip Hop’s Hottest Stars—Fight with or against the biggest stars in hip hop. Artists like Big Boi, The Game, Ludacris, Paul Wall, T.I., and more are all instrumental in your building a record label and becoming a hip hop icon.
· Online Gameplay* – Go head to head with friends across the country for the ultimate hip hop showdown.
· My Soundtrack (Exclusive Xbox 360 feature)—Load any MP3 into DEF JAM: ICON and it will drive the environment and gameplay just like songs included with the game. Are you a fan of thrash rock or 1980’s pop music? You can now fight to the beat with any song using My Soundtrack.