Deus Ex Screenshots
TITLE: DEUS EX
PLATFORMS: PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system
ESRB RATING: MATURE RATING
DEVELOPER: Ion Storm
PUBLISHER: Eidos Interactive
RELEASE DATE: November 2001
It's the new millennium. Civilization is near collapse. The world economy is in chaos. The middle class no longer exists. Deadly viruses have ravaged the earth's population. Terrorism runs rampant. From this maelstrom of violence and suffering an ancient conspiracy bent on world
domination emerges from the shadows of legend. The conspirators' greatest strength?
No one believes they exist. No one but you.
Immerse yourself in an intricate web of betrayal and intrigue as you attempt to uncover power struggles, hidden agendas and the dark conspiracy behind it all. Travel the globe building a network of allies and create an alter identity to aid you in your search for the truth. There is no one path to success. It is achieved through various many means; employ stealth, strategy or force, the choice is yours. But remember; trust no one. Even those who you keep as allies may be more than they seem. Question Everything.
KEY SELLING FEATURES
Improvements & Additions unique to the PS2 release
- The game that incorporates role-playing, action, adventure, and 1st person shooter genres into a chaotic blend of real world conspiracies, cliffhangers and plot twists.
- Explore a richly simulated world of unparalleled interactivity, engineered to react logically to your every action. The decisions and consequences are yours.
- A globe-hopping, epic adventure. Travel the world from New York to Paris to Hong Kong exploring locations recreated from detailed maps, blueprints and photographs.
- Character interaction that matters. How you choose to deal with scores of NPC's affects the outcome of the game, minute-to-minute, mission-to-mission, start to finish.
- Invent a compelling alter ego. Employ nanotech augmentations and determine which weapons and objects you need to survive. Will you be the charismatic master manipulator, the shrewd and stealthy tactician, or the deadly avenging angel?
- A new particle system provides a higher level of pyrotechnic display and appreciation (better explosions, fire, etc.)
- Re-rendered characters with a higher poly counts for more complex and realistic models
- New skeletal animation system created from motion capture animation for more realistic character movement
- Level maps have been enhanced with a higher polygon geometry and new textures for increased environment realism.
- Controls have been modified to optimize game play control for the PS2 configuration, including auto aiming.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Deus Ex
More On GameRevolution