Dissidia - Final Fantasy Screenshots
London (26th March 2009) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that DISSIDIA® -FINAL FANTASY®- will be released across Europe and all PAL territories in Autumn 2009, exclusively on the PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system.
Celebrating over 20 years of world’s most popular adventure game series. DISSIDIA -FINAL FANTASY- brings together the largest cast of FINAL FANTASY characters ever assembled in a single game. The most famous heroes and villains will now collide in a war that threatens to tear the world apart.
DISSIDIA -FINAL FANTASY- takes one-on-one fighting to a new action-packed level on the PSP. Through expansive 3D environments, players can glide through the air, dash along walls and perform summons familiar to fans of FINAL FANTASY. Complete with all the character progression and customisation expected from the series, DISSIDIA -FINAL FANTASY- truly delivers the action, spectacle and emotion of FINAL FANTASY in the ultimate portable fighting experience.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “With so many favourite heroes and villains contained in one game, DISSIDIA -FINAL FANTASY- is certainly going to appeal to fans of FINAL FANTASY. We also hope that players unfamiliar with the series are also attracted by an action-packed experience that really showcases the PSP and is set to become an instant classic on the system.”
About DISSIDIA -FINAL FANTASY-
Cosmos, the goddess of harmony. Chaos, the god of discord. Reigning from distant realms, the two gods had gathered warriors from all lands to lead them in savage war.
Cosmos and Chaos were of equal strength. It was believed the conflict would last forever. However, the balance is now broken.
Those who answered Chaos's call created an inexhaustible force. And under vicious attack without relent, the warriors fighting for Cosmos started to fall one by one. The conflict that has continued for eons is now about to end in Chaos' favour.
The world has been torn asunder, sinking into a vortex of disorder. As for the few surviving warriors… their fates have yet to be determined.
• Experience the high-quality world and gameplay mechanics of FINAL FANTASY presented in action-packed 3D environments where players can glide through the air and dash along walls.
• Combining all-out brawling alongside RPG-style character development and customisation, an original system developed by the creators of the KINGDOM HEARTS series takes fighting gameplay to another level.
• Fan-favourite heroes and villains from the entire FINAL FANTASY series come together in one game for the first time in a remarkable new tale with fully-voiced CG movies and real-time events.
• Players select their favourite FINAL FANTASY characters, sided with either Cosmos or Chaos, to set the stage for their fantasy match.
• Accessible through "EX Burst", players can experience gameplay faithful to the originals through memorable battle features such as "Limit Break" and "Overdrive". In addition, long time fans of the series can enjoy the ability to summon Aeons and options such as the "command battle" system. Familiar environments and music from the FINAL FANTASY series also appear, arranged to make the most of the hardware capability.
• Continue the experience by trading Friend Cards, creating items and sharing AI characters with other players and even engage in virtual AI battles made possible by the PSP system ad hoc mode.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Dissidia - Final Fantasy