Game Design: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Developer: TOSE Co., Ltd.
Publisher: Square Enix, Inc.
Format: Nintendo DS system
Genre: Action Adventure
Ship Date: September 2006
Dragon Quest® Heroes: Rocket Slime™ is the latest game from the creative minds behind the 2006
RPG classic, Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King™. Prepare to immerse yourself in this
unique, action-packed quest, available exclusively for the Nintendo DS™. The hero of our tale is a
slime--one of the most popular monsters from the Dragon Quest series--known as Rocket. The
adventure stages consist of our hero bouncing and stretching, as well as carrying various objects
on his head, while solving the mysteries behind each area, and rescuing his captured slime friends
along the way. Then, each stage culminates in a fierce tank battle, providing for an
action-adventure experience the likes of which have never been seen before!
The game is set in the kingdom of Slimenia, a peaceful land that is suddenly invaded by a
mysterious cartel called “the Plob,” who then proceed to kidnap all the slimes in the capital city of
Boingburg. Our protagonist, Rocket, is the only slime left behind, and must embark on a journey
throughout Slimenia to save his friends and uncover the Plob’s nefarious plot.
Â©2005, 2006 ARMOR PROJECT/BIRD STUDIO/SQUARE ENIX All Rights Reserved.
Nintendo DS is a trademark of Nintendo of America Inc.
- Rescue a colorful cast of 100 unique slimes and call upon them to aid you in the heated
tank battles. Each ally has its own individual personality and abilities, allowing you to customize
your battle strategy.
- Explore puzzle-filled levels as you encounter an array of monsters familiar from the Dragon
- Customize your tanks by collecting a vast array of weapons and items, and then exploit the
powers of alchemy to create rarer and even stronger ammunition.
- The DS’s dual-screen technology allows you to view the menus and the action simultaneously
during adventure sections, and gives a unique view both inside and outside the tanks during
- Simple, streamlined controls allow players of all ages to bounce right in.
- Challenge friends in an intense multiplayer mode that allows up to 4 players to duel against
one another with the Nintendo DS wireless play feature.