Publisher: The 3DO Company
Developer: The 3DO Company
Platform: PlayStation2 computer entertainment system
Expected Ship Date: Fall 2001
Number of Players: Multiplayer
The Dragon Rage game infuses fast action gameplay with a new innovative
aerial combat system, special effects and environments. Dragon Rage
capitalizes on the nostalgia of fantasy by emphasizing gameplay mechanics
and mission objectives built around imaginative play, flying around
as a dragon and defending Dragon-kind in a land of monsters and magical
beings. Dragon Rage brings to life a compelling story with vivid graphics,
streamlined gameplay, intriguing characters and NPCs, and rewarding
Before there were Humans, Orcs and Dragons coexisted peacefully. But now the peace has been shattered and the balance of power has shifted. The Orc's have exploited all of the natural recourses in their dominion but they discovered a new type of combustible fuel, - the mana contained in Dragon flesh. While Dragons had coexisted with the Orcs peacefully for centuries, small groups of Orcs are attacking lone Dragons with alarming regularity. In the beginning they tended to pray on the young, the old, or the sick. The Orcs have now become ruthless in their quest for last few remaining dragons. Enough is enough; it is time for the Dragons to strike back. Lead Cael on a crusade to save the dragon race from the bonds of slavery and certain extinction by the warring Orcs. Cael must succeed or the dragon race will surely perish.
- Intense highflying action
o Aerial based combat rather than Melee, or guns/shooting
o Special fighting moves
- Enhanced technology
o Physical modeling of environments - Real world forces such as wind
and the effects of gravity on various masses.
o Algorithmically created Unit Behavior - Algorithmic behavior description
allows for non-scripted character and object motion. Objects interact
with each other based on their behavior description, rather than on
o Photo Realistic Environments -Environments are photo-realistic and
highly interactive, using a variety of hand-built and algorithmic
o All new outdoor engine for more expansive environments.
- Detailed story and character progression
o Dozens of intriguing characters and personalities
o Cael the dragon our hero, and Orc King, his arch enemy
o A heroic story of revenge and redemption
- The introduction of the hero and main character, Cael.
- 3rd person perspective
- 16 action packed single player and cooperative campaign levels.
- 6 unique head to head multiplayer levels including egg hunt, feeding
frenzy, dragon duel, drag race, aerial assault and gauntlet run.
- 8 unique and fully interactive environments.
- Full free flight controls with over 20 individual dragon character
animations including loops, barrel rolls, and other dragon tricks.
- Over 40 unique enemy units including Orc Air Units, Orc Ground
Units, Orc Water Units, and other Dragons.
- A new PlayStation 2 game engine that can draw 80,000 polys at 60fps
and create expansive world landscapes.
- Full scene anti-aliasing eliminates jagged texture boundaries.
- Enhanced particle system to allow complex physics-based motions
with items such as explosions, flowing water, and lava.
- IK animation system allows more natural character animation