Dungeon Siege II Screenshots
Title: " Dungeon Siege II"
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Gas Powered Games Corp.
Format: CD-ROM for the Microsoft ® Windows ® XP operating system
ESRB Rating: M for Mature
Availability: August 2005
Pricing: $49.95 ( U.S. ) estimated retail price
"Dungeon Siege II" returns players to the beautiful fantasy land of Aranna , now deeply scarred by civil war. Players must lead an elite battle party against a vicious marauder determined to rule the land with an iron fist. "Dungeon Siege II" promises to set a new standard in role-playing games by weaving an intriguing story line and quest system into an intense real-time battle party combat environment, portrayed with the latest in 3-D technology.
- Elite battle party. Players must choose battle comrades decisively, and can build a party of up to six members. Parties can be honed over time using an extensive new character development system packed with exciting fresh skills and specialties.
- Hero powers . As the stakes have increased, so have the parties' abilities. Each class now has access to unique heroic powers that can turn the tide of battle in an instant.
- Powerful and unusual allies . The pack mule was only the beginning. Players can now choose from a variety of exotic creatures, each with special abilities that advance with the player's abilities.
- More dangerous enemies . Using the new artificial intelligence technology developed for "Dungeon Siege II," enemies now have distinct powers and abilities, rivaling anything players can throw at them.
- Interactive world. The world of "Dungeon Siege II" is brimming with opportunity. From pitched battles raging around players as they adventure through the world to special environments players can turn to their tactical advantage in the heat of battle, players will find much to explore and use to their advantage in the game world.
- Jaw-dropping special effects . The new SFX engine in "Dungeon Siege II" takes visual special effects to the next level, for everything from environmental moods to dazzling spell effects, creating an engrossing and immersive gaming experience.
- Cinematic storytelling. "Dungeon Siege II" introduces a new authoring system, which supports a highly immersive, in-game cinematic experience. New story-driven quests provide a deep, sustained adventure that unfolds for players as they advance through the game. In addition, the dynamic world of "Dungeon Siege II" changes around players in real time as the story evolves.
- Intense cooperative multiplayer action. Players can take their favorite characters online and join up with other parties in a cooperative adventure through the extensive single-player story line. Players can also trade rare loot with their friends in the game, or meet new people using the new "Dungeon Siege II" online matchmaker service.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Dungeon Siege II