DX2: Invisible War Product Overview
GENRE: First-Person Action/Shooter
PLATFORMS: SONY PlayStation®2, Microsoft Xbox™ and PC
ESRB RATING: RP; MATURE EXPECTED
DEVELOPER: Ion Storm Austin
PUBLISHER: Eidos Interactive
RELEASE DATE: November 2002
Approximately 20 years after the events depicted in Deus Ex, the world is only beginning to recover from a catastrophic worldwide depression brought on by technology run amok and a secret conspiratorial war.
The winner-take-all geopolitics of mid-21st century Earth have given way to a struggle over more basic concerns: food, water, reestablishing civil law and cleaning up biological and nano-tech fallout. In this chaotic recovery, several religious and political factions see an opportunity to re-shape a worldwide government to their agendas, understanding that the right moves now could determine the shape of human society for decades - even centuries - to come.
Amidst the debris, the player Alex D. emerges in search the identities of true players behind the power struggles and the source of his own mysterious origins. In a techno-nightmare of the fragile revival or ultimate decimation of human civilization, take part in a dark dramatic struggle to raise the world from it's own ashes.
- Action-packed first person-perspective adventure with shooter game-play
- RPG character creation and advancement through choice of nano-tech
augmentations and inventory gear.
- Support for stealth gameplay, with darkness and sound affecting
- Variable gameplay - multiple solutions to problems and support for
varying stylistic approaches.
- Non-lethal, non-violent resolution to conflict, allowing players
to make ethical statements through their actions.
- A large variety of interesting gameplay tools and character powers
in the form of gear and nano-tech augmentations, allowing players
to exploit the superhuman powers of their character to interesting
effect. For instance, DX2 allows players to see through walls, leap
40 feet into the air, regenerate critical body damage or render themselves
- A dynamic, non-linear story with responsive plot branches and character
attitudes. The player is allowed unprecedented freedom of action.
- Interactive conversations with numerous secondary characters, featuring
meaningful, plot relevant dialogue choices.
- Wide ranging and tactically interesting Artificial Intelligence
- creatures and human units work together as groups - sometimes employing
stealth and cover against the player.
- Real world locations, allowing the player to engage in a globe-hopping
adventure, visiting Red Square, Seattle, London and other interesting
- Highly interactive environments - everything in the game world has
some interesting (and potentially unforeseen) effect. The player has
agency…he can reach out, alter the world around him and see the effects
of his actions.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Dx2