PLATFORM: PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) System
RELEASE DATE: March 2007
DEVELOPER: Shiny Entertainment
PUBLISHER: Atari, Inc.
CATEGORY: Platforming Action
ESRB RATING: RP (Rating Pending)
Earthworm Jim®, one of the most beloved characters in videogame history, returns at long last, strapping on his ultra high-tech, indestructible super-space cyber-suit for an original adventure on the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system. Earthworm Jim* is a side-scrolling, action-packed platformer, bursting with ear-tickling audio and world-class, cartoon-style animation, which tracks the intrepid hero’s continued fight against the Queen and her allies, as well as his evolving relationship with Princess What’s-Her-Name and friendship with the indomitable Peter Puppy.
Like its predecessors, Earthworm Jim features imaginative and outrageous characters, playground-like, open-level designs that are ripe for exploration, and a slew of puzzles, power-ups and zany environments. As the original set a benchmark for the absurd, expect Earthworm Jim for the PSP system to raise the bar for the gloriously bizarre on today’s generation of portable gaming.
• The return of Earthworm Jim in his first original adventure in years;
• Dynamic and hilarious characters, environments and effects, all crafted in the trademark Earthworm Jim art style and upgraded to stunning 3D;
• Super Suit Overdrive power and expanded arsenal of moves and attacks;
• Ability to collect armor upgrades that absorb damage;
• Two player competition modes for extended gameplay and unique experiences;
• Stage Select screen allows players to replay completed stages to improve score and win prizes;
• Challenge Modes encourage replay, provide unique experiences, and promote competition.