EVE Online: Apocrypha Screenshots
EVE Online: Apocrypha Expansion Released
CCP delivers new space, dangers and opportunities
Reykjavik, Iceland March 11, 2009- CCP, one of the world's leading independent game developers, has deployed EVE Online: Apocrypha, the tenth free expansion for EVE Online. Delivering a massive amount of content in a shortened production schedule, Apocrypha is sure to satisfy pilots of all types with the mysterious appearance of unstable wormholes that lead to dangerous and rewarding, hereto unexplored regions of space, a new level of technology that allows for a staggering echelon of ship production and a re-imagined introduction for rookie starship pilots to a life in EVE's challenging universe. The release also coincides with a return to retail stores for EVE Online.
"Incredible rewards and certain death await explorers brave enough to fly into the unstable wormholes that have opened across EVE Online's universe," says Torfi Frans Olafsson, Senior Producer for EVE Online. "While EVE is certainly darker and more dangerous, it has also become accessible with our revamped new player experience, improved UI and renovated graphics and effects. Beginning your chosen path in EVE has never been easier."
Apocrypha's improvements include these highlights and more:
· The sudden appearance of unstable wormholes in space, making the universe 41% larger and much more dangerous. On the other side, a first acquaintance awaits to a formidable NPC group that guards the key to the next level of technology. This unknown, uncharted space allows for a true sense of exploration for those brave enough to grab hold of the dynamic new scanning mechanics.
· Strategic Cruisers come with the introduction of ancient technology into production. These modular ships allow for an extravagant level of customization and versatility.
· The first Epic Mission Arc joins an enhanced new player experience to guide fledgling pilots toward the opportunities space has to offer. This massive branching set consists of dozens of missions that are guaranteed to forge any soft-shelled rookie into a battle-hardened veteran.
· Massive sensory improvements for every player: an upgraded sound engine, brand-new animations for almost every effect in game and beautiful original assets in wormhole space.
· A newly designed skill queue allows EVE's unique character progression system to truly shine and Neural Remapping provides an opportunity for players to refocus their development as they so choose.
· We are releasing our Premium Graphics client for Mac users and introducing Premium Lite as our new lower-end graphics suite for a more beautiful experience all around.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about EVE Online: Apocrypha