Publisher: Vivendi Universal Games
Developer: Elixir Studios
Format: Windows PC
Availability: September 2004
In this clever and entertaining strategy / life simulation game created by Elixir Studios, the player assumes the role of a wicked mastermind bent on achieving global domination through the construction of the ultimate doomsday device. A tongue-in-cheek take on the 60's spy thriller genre, Evil Genius offers the player the chance to be the villain and control a secret island fortress complete with powerful (and strangely dressed) henchmen, mindlessly loyal minions and a wide range of hilarious gizmos.
All the everyday tasks of the megalomaniac are available to experience as players build a secret base, train minions, gain infamy and notoriety by completing daring missions, toy with the forces of justice by setting clever traps, torture captives with ingenious devices, and develop evil super weapons to complete a nefarious master plan.
• Five dastardly gameplay elements to experience and master: secret base building, wildly clever trap setting, blindly loyal minion training, super-duper weapon research, and fiendish mission planning
• Manage your minions as you train them in treacherous trades, like super weapons development, ninja fighting techniques, hidden lair building
• Enhance your base capabilities by adding specialized rooms including counterfeiting centers, weapons factories, and Kung Fu academies
• Defend your base against attacks by obnoxious action heroes and over-dressed government agents
• Set complex and ingenious traps to capture and dispatch your enemies
• Undertake outrageous missions to increase your power and notoriety, including stealing the Eiffel Tower , ransoming temperamental pop stars, and procuring priceless treasures and art