Launch: Q1 2006
SAN DIEGO, Calif. í¢â‚¬" September 15, 2005 í¢â‚¬" Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE) today announced that it will be taking combat to the next level with Field Commander, the first military turn-based strategy game for the PSP TM system. Field Commander is slated to be released in the first quarter of 2006.
"Field Commander gives players the power to outwit the enemy at every turn because it focuses on what is important í¢â‚¬" strategy," said Clint Worley, Field Commander Producer. "You can delve into the game's engrossing story while combating enemies alone, or utilize the impressive array of multi-player options and enjoy defeating your enemies from across the globe, country or office."
Players will take the role of a Field Commander working for an independent organization established by the Allied Nations to defend the world against an evil terrorist organization bent on inciting wars, dealing illicit arms and global domination.
With an arsenal of 15 army divisions and 11 commanding officers to choose from, players will be able to command the land, skies and sea. Orchestrate an offensive attack through 30 unique missions, each one coming alive in beautiful 3D environments with highly-detailed terrain and dynamic visual effects. Alternately, players can compete against each other, utilizing the PSP TM system's wireless networking capabilities.
Developed by SOE, Field Commander is scheduled to be available in late February 2006. For more information please visit www.fieldcommandergame.com .
· Turn-Based Strategy: Take to the field and guide your division to victory by outsmarting, outmaneuvering and outgunning your opponents.
· Single-Player Campaign: Delve into the game's engrossing story while combating enemies through more than 30 unique missions.
· Multiplayer Gameplay: Enjoy defeating your enemy from across the globe, across the room, or sitting next to you.
· 15 Army Divisions: Rule the ground, sea and skies by mastering the selectable army divisions at your disposal through the use of their specialties, unique play styles and powerful attacks.
· Beautiful 3D Environments: See each unique setting come alive with 3D graphics, stunning lighting, dynamic visual effects, and highly detailed terrain, buildings and units.
· Challenging AI: Match wits with an increasingly clever enemy and survive the day to become triumphant.
· Create Missions: Aspire to greatness by creating your own missions, and upload them to be enjoyed by all players.
· Elegantly Simple: No need for complex calculators and measuring tapes. Field Commander lets you focus on what's important í¢â‚¬" Strategy.