Publisher: Empire Interactive
Developer: Bugbear studios
Available: June 14, 2005
An over-the-top racing game, FlatOut lets players experience the drive of their life with 36 challenging tracks and 12 bonus events in one of 16 fully upgradeable cars. An all-encompassing physics system provides a unique track environment where fences shatter, tire walls explode and water tanks and barrels fly across the track into other cars. Push it a bit too far, and your driver will be flung through the car windshield to increase the carnage. Forty deformable pieces on every car allow players to truly feel the weight of their vehicle every time they lose control and smash into the pack of cars ahead of them or collide with and destroy a barn.
Also unique to FlatOut, anything you destroy or alter stays a part of the race, increasing the carnage to unprecedented levels! Broken fences, free rolling tires, and even mangled parts of cars are left scattered around the track, increasing the mayhem with every lap.
Mini-games add to the fun, and include three Destruction Derby arenas, three dirt tracks and six bonus Rag Doll games.
- Unique all-encompassing physics engine
- More than 3,000 items to smash
- Car drivability is affected in a real-world way by crash damage
- 40 deformable pieces on cars for true visual depiction of damage
- Anything destroyed stays a part of race for unpredictable interaction with racers
- Rag-doll effects for drivers thrown from crashing cars
- Online play for up to 8 playersâ€”plus two-player split screen
- 16 different race cars to customize and upgrade
- 36 tracks spread across 5 different environments
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about FlatOut
More On GameRevolution