Galactic Civilization II: Twilight of the Arnor Screenshots
PLYMOUTH, MI – August 22, 2007 – The battle for galactic supremacy rages on in Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor, Stardock Entertainment's latest addition to the award-winning Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords. The final act in the epic Dread Lords saga, Twilight of the Arnor is the second expansion to Stardock's hit turn-based strategy game, further improving on the acclaimed gameplay that has made GC2: Dark Avatar the #1-rated game of 2007 across all platforms (according to GameRankings.com). Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor is scheduled for release in November 2007 for $29.95. Fans of the series can pre-order the expansion at TotalGaming.net now for just $24.95.
Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor includes a massive payload of new content and features requested by the series' devout fanbase. In addition to a new campaign that ties up the Dread Lords saga, Twilight of the Arnor adds civilization-specific technology trees and planetary improvements that add even more flavor to each alien race, while greatly expanding the strategic depth of the game. A vast array of new ships, weapons, starbases and ship components will be available to players, including the devastating Terror Star, which can annihilate entire star systems. Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor requires GC2: Gold Edition or GC2: Dark Avatar. For more information about Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor, visit http://www.galciv2.com/twilight.
A brief list of features follows; more details will become available closer to the game's November release.
* New campaign detailing the final chapter in the Dread Lord wars
* The star destroying new unit, the Terror Star, arrives
* Unique technology trees for all 12 civilizations
* Unique planetary improvements for each civilization
* New 3D-engine-powered map editor
* New Scenario Editor for creating highly detailed custom games
* New Campaign Editor for players who want to create their own custom epic campaigns for themselves or to share with others
* New Metaverse Tournaments: specific maps and scenarios recorded to the Metaverse with prizes for top players
* New Ship: Atlas. Makes ships in a fleet more lethal
* New Ship: Fortitude. Gives ships in a fleet more hit points
* New Ship: Driver. Makes ships in a fleet move faster
* Unique weapons per civilization
* Updated Planetary Invasions
* New enhanced textures and graphics for planets and ships
* New Galaxy Size: Immense (vastly bigger than current galaxy sizes)
* Extra alien portraits and logos
* Legacy of the Telenanth: Detailed back story of Galactic Civilizations
* And more!
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Galactic Civilization II: Twilight of the Arnor
More On GameRevolution