Gran Turismo Screenshots
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: Polyphony Digital Inc.
Platform: PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) system
Genre: Racing / Driving Simulator
Players: 1 -4 players
Release: October 1, 2009
Rating: “E” for Everyone
From the development powerhouse that has shipped more than 52 million units worldwide, Polyphony Digital Inc.(PDI), the award-winning Gran Turismo™ franchise is now on PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) for the first time. Developed exclusively for PSP by the internal team of designers and engineers at PDI, Gran Turismo™ is built for optimal performance and fun racing excitement on the portable platform. Consistently setting the bar in terms of quality of design and physics technology with every product release, Gran Turismo on the PSP is no exception and offers an authentic and accessible racing product for the series’ millions of fans and newcomers alike.
Gran Turismo features more than 800 vehicle models from the world’s top manufacturers (over 4,500 total paint variations) and more than 30 tracks (60+ total layouts), including famous world circuits, city courses and other environments. Featuring exciting gameplay and game modes to suit all levels of play, Gran Turismo is a great introduction to the best-selling series for newcomers. Additionally, seasoned Gran Turismo fans will recognize the depth of content and unparalleled visuals the series is known for, including graphics running at a stunning 60 frames per second. Gran Turismo is truly a next generation PSP title.
Players can progress and acquire cars in Challenge Mode throughout more than 100 events in, or they can explore different tracks and circuits in Arcade Mode. Additionally, players can race online in Ad Hoc Mode against up to 3 others (4 total) via the PSP’s built-in ad hoc functionality. The first in the Gran Turismo series is the ability to trade and share unlocked vehicles with others online via ad hoc mode. This feature is not available in any other racing game on PSP.
Available on UMD® and as a downloadable product via PLAYSTATION®Network, Gran Turismo will be available in North America just after the October 1, 2009 release of the newest member of the PlayStation®Portable family, the PSP go. The PSP go is the smallest and sleekest PSP system to date and leverages PlayStation Network and digital content exclusively. UMD support guarantees that all PSP owners can play Gran Turismo on the go.
• Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc. for PSP – Gran Turismo’s debut on PSP is developed by the internal team behind the world’s best-selling racing series.
• Over 800 vehicle models – Players can race their favorite vehicles from the top manufacturers around the globe, including Ferrari, Nissan, and more. The vehicle model count climbs to over 4,500 when the various paint configurations are included.
• Over 30 Tracks from Around the World – Famous circuits and some of the favorite environments from the Gran Turismo series have been optimized for racing on PSP.
• Share and Trade Vehicles with Others – For the first time in the Gran Turismo series, players can share and trade the vehicles they have acquired throughout the game with others via PSP’s ad hoc mode. Certain vehicles will be acquired by trade only, so players will want to trade and share in order to virtually drive all of the meticulously designed vehicle models.
• Dynamic Vehicle Roster – Based on the amount of time Gran Turismo is played, the in-game calendar will change the dealer car lineup seasonally.
• Available via UMD and PlayStation Network – Offering convenience, choice and options for owners of the original PSP or the newly announced PSP go.
About Gran Turismo™
With more than 52 million units shipped worldwide, the award-winning Gran Turismo™ franchise for the PlayStation®, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 and now PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) is regarded as the best and most authentic driving simulator ever created due to its true-to-life graphics, authentic physics technology and design. Since the inception of the Gran Turismo franchise, famed creator Kazunori Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital Inc. in Japan have revolutionized the racing category as we know it today. His offerings provide the most realistic driving simulation in the industry and a unique medium for automotive manufacturers to showcase their products.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Gran Turismo
More On GameRevolution