As the successor to the highly rated medieval life simulation Europa
1400, The Guild 2 offers players the opportunity to control the fate of a
large dynasty during the Middle Ages. Players can match wits with other
human opponents via a truly unparalleled online multiplayer mode that
has been completely redesigned for this sequel. In addition, The Guild 2
introduces the franchise’s first story-driven single-player campaign.
It is Europe, 1400 A.D. The end of the last crusade leaves the countries
of Europe and the powerful Roman-Catholic Church defeated and in a
state of great upheaval. As church authorities and noblemen across the
continent scramble to defend their interests, barriers between the ruling
class and ordinary citizens slowly crumble. Shrewd shopkeepers and
craftsmen are able to acquire wealth and power as the nobles find
themselves more and more dependant on the gold of businessmen. It is
in this age of opportunity that players will control every aspect of their
character’s life – from their business and fortune to reputation and family
life – and rise through the ranks of society. From humble beginnings as
a mere commoner, players can become a rich and powerful merchant,
renowned thief, politician, or any number of professions that will allow
them to secure their dynasty and achieve the echelon of nobility. The
players’ fates are completely up to them, but their decisions can change
the course of history.
- Control the fate of a powerful dynasty in medieval Europe.
- Compete against human opponents in a unique online mode.
- Introduces a story-driven, singleplayer mode to the franchise.
- Enhanced realism allows players a wide range of professions and deep interaction with NPCs.
- Explore a beautifully crafted and immersive living world in real-time.
- Create your avatar and choose special abilities, religion, and physical features.
- Choose from a wide variety of different careers, such as merchant, priest, politician or thief.
- Marry, raise children, and develop lasting relationships.
- Use your cunning to overthrow your adversaries using bribery, assassination and treachery.
- Traverse three diverse and beautifully crafted scenario maps, including realistic depictions of areas in Europe.
- Control a family of up to three dynasty members with different strengths and weaknesses.
- Pass down skills and fortunes to worthy successors.
- Powerful competitor AI offers a stiff challenge to veteran players.