Halo 3: ODST Screenshots
"Halo 3: ODST"
Title: "Halo 3: ODST"
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Format: DVD for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system; Xbox LIVE-enabled
ESRB Rating: Rated "M" for Mature by the ESRB
Pricing: $59.99 USD Standard Edition, $99 USD "Halo 3: ODST Collector's Pack"
Availability: Sep. 22, 2009
Overview: Developed exclusively for Xbox 360 by acclaimed developer Bungie, "Halo 3: ODST" is a new game in the "Halo" saga that lets people experience events leading up to the epic story told in "Halo 3" through the eyes of an ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper), as they search for clues leading to the whereabouts of their scattered squad and the motivations behind the Covenant's invasion of New Mombasa. The release adds a new dimension to an all-encompassing universe that gamers around the world have known and loved for close to eight years.
"Halo 3: ODST" also introduces Firefight, a new cooperative multiplayer* mode where up to four players can assume the role of an ODST squad and fight together to take on increasingly challenging waves of enemies. Also included are three new "Halo 3" multiplayer maps on a 2nd standalone disc, which includes all original "Halo 3" maps, as well as the "Legendary," "Heroic," and "Mythic" Map packs for a total of 24 maps.
"Halo 3: ODST" is available for pre-order in both a standard package and a "Halo 3: ODST Collector's Pack" which includes the game and a new and exclusive Wireless Controller. Those that pre-order "Halo 3: ODST" at participating retailers worldwide will receive a token to unlock Sgt. Johnson as a playable character in Firefight.
Features: Top features include the following:
- All-new campaign content. The "Halo 3: ODST" campaign explores mysterious events leading up to the Master Chief's return to New Mombasa in "Halo 3." Experience the fate of Earth from the brand-new perspective of a special forces ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper), adding a unique outlook and new gameplay elements to the events that unfold in the trilogy's finale. This new chapter captures the same great feel of previous "Halo" experiences while offering fans new tactics, tools and weapons to defeat the Covenant.
- A new hero: Prepare to drop. ODSTs or "Orbital Drop Shock Troopers" are highly-trained special forces operators. Known for their courage, valor and willingness to tackle missions no sane soldier would, ODSTs pride themselves on being the first unit deployed into hostile situations, often in one-man drop-pods that burn through planetary atmospheres at break-neck speed.
- Expanded multiplayer experience. No "Halo" game would be complete without groundbreaking multiplayer content. "Halo 3: ODST" introduces an entirely new way to play "Halo" with Firefight, a cooperative multiplayer mode included on the campaign disc that lets up to four people jump immediately into combat. As an ODST squad, you will face increasingly challenging waves of enemies together, striving to earn the highest scores possible, while various "Halo 3" "Skulls" are progressively activated. The experience is intense and ever-evolving. "Halo 3: ODST" also includes a separate, standalone multiplayer disc which includes three new "Halo 3" multiplayer maps, all original "Halo 3" maps, as well as the "Legendary," "Heroic," and "Mythic" Map packs for a total of 24 maps.
- Ever-growing community options. Players will continue to enjoy all the great "Halo 3" technological innovations, including Saved Films, screenshots, Campaign Scoring and four-player co-op over Xbox LIVE. All of the new "Halo 3" multiplayer maps fully support the Forge editor, offering near endless gameplay customization possibilities for fans.
- Key to "Halo: Reach." As a special bonus for fans, all copies of "Halo 3: ODST" will provide access to the "Halo: Reach" multiplayer beta when the beta goes live. More information about the "Halo: Reach" multiplayer beta will be shared at a later date.
The "Halo" franchise is an award-winning collection of properties that have grown into a global entertainment phenomenon. Beginning with the original "Halo: Combat Evolved" for Xbox in 2001, the rich fiction of the franchise has since inspired a series of blockbuster Xbox and Xbox 360 video games, New York Times best-selling novels, comic books, action figures, apparel and more.
Published by Microsoft Game Studios, the "Halo" franchise of games is exclusive to the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and the games are optimized for the Xbox LIVE online entertainment network. To date, more than 27 million copies of "Halo" games have been sold worldwide, driving more than 2 billion hours of gameplay by people connected to Xbox LIVE. In February of this year, the "Halo" franchise expanded into the real-time strategy genre with "Halo Wars," which went on to become the best selling RTS game on any current generation console.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Halo 3: ODST