Publisher: The 3DO Company
Developer: New World Computing
Expected Ship Date: Fall 2001
Number of Players: 1-6
Rating: RP ("Everyone" expected)
Heroes of Might and Magic IV, the highly anticipated next chapter in the award-winning Heroes of Might & Magic series, combines the proven award-winning gameplay of the Heroes line with an all-new game engine. Like its predecessors, Heroes IV showcases highly detailed fantasy worlds in a battle for territory and resources. Players will command armies comprised of skillful heroes and fantastic creatures who fight enemies, capture towns and collect vital resources and artifacts. Strategic planning and tactical cunning are instrumental in your goal to be undisputed ruler of the new world.
When a cataclysm destroys Erathia, Emilia Nighthaven loses everything. Orphaned and alone in a strange new world, she organizes the frightened survivors so they can defend themselves against those who would prey on the weak. But Immortal King Magnus appears and demands her allegiance. Not only does he have the merciless Dragon Golems at his disposal, but also a device capable of enslaving the minds of those who come near him.
How can Emilia defend her kingdom against that kind of power? Soon, her friends unwittingly become her enemies and once again she is truly alone. A glimmer of hope comes in the form of an enemy who unexpectedly switches sides.
Highlights Key Features:
- All new engine with multiple screen resolution support (800x600, 1024x768, and 1200x1080) and a new interface
- Heroes are active participants in combat
- All new magic system featuring five highly specialized schools of magic: Order, Life, Nature, Chaos, Death, Might
- New skill system means that Heroes become more specialized as play progresses
- 7 massive campaigns and dozens of stand-alone scenarios
- Caravans allow transport from area to area
- Campaign editor features a map maker that allows terrain deformation
A New World to Explore:
- 11 starting Hero Classes (Fighter, Priest, Lord, Enchanter, Warrior,
Necromancer, Rouge, Sorcerer, Archer, Shaman, Barbarian), each with
two starting skills, and 37 advanced Hero Classes
- Six town types: Academy, Heaven, Preserve, Asylum, Necropolis, Stronghold
- More than 300 structures to interact with.
- 60+ creatures to control