Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Screenshots
Developed by Clap Hanz, in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment America's Santa Monica Studios, Hot Shots Golf 5 brings a brand new chapter of the beloved Hot Shots franchise onto PLAYSTATION3 for the first time. Showcasing high definition graphics along with new, more accurate golf physics, Hot Shots Golf 5 offers up a new level of immersion to the franchise's signature over-the-top visuals and pick up and play action. Hot Shots Golf 5 brings an entirely new element of gameplay control by introducing a shot system that focuses on the player's swing instead of a power meter. Featuring more than 15 zany golfers and caddies, Hot Shots Golf 5 adds six new courses to the overall challenge, ranging from pitch-and-putt par three layouts to challenging 18-hole configurations. In addition, players will have unprecedented online access with the ability to create tournaments of up to 50 participants, and even access unique downloadable content. With vibrantly detailed courses, wacky new characters, and a wealth of online features, Hot Shots Golf 5 promises to enter the next generation strokes ahead of the competition.
* New Shot System – Focus on the swing and not a power meter. Players will closely monitor takeaway and impact zone, taking into account distance, club selection, and weather. Of course, players may still opt for the traditional shot meter if desired.
* Online Action – Customize a tournament and square off with up to 50 others, or create a match with up to eight players and follow the action of each player. Enter the online lobby and customize your character with more than 300 options including hair, masks, clothing, and numerous other entertaining options while sending messages and setting up matches.
* Larger Courses and Environments – Strategically play your next shot while taking into account the entire course. Larger playable environments let you play your errant tee shot from a neighboring hole, or take aim at a different fairway and use it as a shortcut to better align the next shot.
* Six Immaculate New Courses – Adding to the wide variety of existing courses,
* Hot Shots Golf 5 introduces a set of new courses that bring players to unique and dramatic locations including links along the coast, in the desert, among the mountains, and in the woods.
* Refined Putting Stroke – A new putting stroke is in place to take player emphasis off the power meter and focus on the beautiful environments that Hot Shots Golf 5 and the PS3 deliver. The traditional putting stroke is still a selectable option.
* Crazy Characters and Caddies – Choose from 15 different playable characters and six different caddies, each with their own distinct look and characteristics that embody the fun and spirit of the Hot Shots franchise. Customize characters in a variety of clothing options, and monitor character attributes including power, control, and accuracy.
* Downloadable Content – In between rounds, head to the PlayStation Store to download exciting content including playable characters, new courses, clubs, and clothing.
* A Variety of Golf Outings – Multiple single-player and multi-player modes of play including VS Mode, Training Mode, Tournament Mode, Stroke Mode, Match Play Mode, and other challenging modes offer a diverse golfing experience for everyone.
* Extensive Stat Tracking – Hot Shots Golf 5 offers a wide range of statistical information that allows players to measure themselves versus the competition. Track game data through each round to compare skills in categories like best average score, driving distance, driving accuracy (fairways hit), greens in regulations, par pace percentage, putting accuracy, average putt length, holes-in-one, and many other stat options.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.