In Ignite every race is different. Each race brings something new as you try winning the race by using any of the strategies or switch between them during the race. The key factor in the game is the SCORE. You collect score while racing. Every stunt that you perform will award you with a certain number of score. Hitting objects, driving fast, drifting they all give you a certain number of score. When you reach 1000 you can burn away your score as nitro thus getting an edge over the others. If you are in the lead you can hit more objects thus gather more score. However hitting objects may cause you to make a mistake and crash into something that is immovable. If you can be patient and gather more than 2000 score, your nitro will be even stronger. Another tactic is to select one of the super cars which are fast and have a good traction. In this case you won’t gather that much score but most probably you won’t need it because you don’t need nitro to stay ahead. Another way to win is to gather your score and never burn it since at the end all score points are converted to time and is subtracted from your overall time and you may jump ahead the winner.
Brand new racing experience
Ignite is something utterly different than any other racing game before. There is so many ways to win and positions can change until the last second and even after that, when everybody already crossed the finish line. Excitement never stops in Ignite as you may never be a sure winner at the lead and you never lost the race just because you are at the last position.
1. Brand new type of game play:
a. Score mode is an interesting new twist to the good old racing genre: Gather score and burn it away to get ahead or collect score and jump to the front at the end of the race.
b. In Crash mode you start with a set amount of score. If you hit a wall you lose some of it. When it runs out, you are out.
c. In Run Out mode your score is running out. You may replenish your score by hitting objects and also burn it away to get to the next checkpoint faster.
2. Random atmosphere: From sunshiny, to fogy the same racetrack may have a very different feel between two races.
3. 3 totally different types of racing cars: Race the American muscle, the import or the super sport cars. They all need a different way of driving but with the right strategy they all can win.
4. 25 racetracks: From the inner city to the rural areas, from race tracks to city streets plenty of asphalt to race on.
5. 27 Unlockable Achievements: You may be among best and run a fast lap, but can you perform these stunts?
6. Unlockable bonus content: driving on the edge gets you new body paints, cars and never seen before tracks.
7. Car damage: If you bump into the others or run into objects your beautiful sports car will look like a mess by the end of the race.
8. Multiplayer mode: Play up to 4 of your friends and compete against the computer or each other in our brand new game mods. This game will be the next big hit on LAN parties all over the world.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Ignite
More On GameRevolution