Name: Jurassic Park: Survival
Software Category: 3rd Person Action/Adventure
Publisher: Universal Interactive Studios
Release Date: Holiday 2001
The action/adventure title is inspired by Universal Pictures' and Amblin
Entertainment's Jurassic Park III, the third installment in the studio's
most successful film franchise ever, scheduled for release on July 18,
2001. The game's plot, which is somewhat different from the film's plot,
has players acting as David Espinoza, a member of a distinguished science
team, on a mission of research. But a player's fun is about to be cut
short when an evil, terrorist corporation, on a search for Dino DNA,
attempts a hostile takeover. The scientists are ambushed: some of them
are killed, others are taken hostage, and a few manage to escape. Players
try to escape on the helicopter that brought the team to the island,
but the guards target and destroy the craft before it makes it to safety.
Players fall over a waterfall and are swept away, believed to be dead.
When they wake up, they find themselves deep in the jungle, with only
a few items of equipment. They must find and rescue the other team members,
fight the aggressive dinosaurs, and defeat the terrorists.
- Do battle with ferocious, untamed dinosaurs and crooked, evil henchmen.
- Players are able to tap into an intricate network of security cameras
for tactical advantages.
- Explore a variety of levels, including the jungle, worker village,
canyons, caverns and security camp.
- Enjoy secondary gameplay mode in which players drive ATV's to avoid
natural hazards, enemy vehicles and stampeding dinosaurs.
- Experience next-generation technology, including an environment
that reacts to the dinosaurs' mass and size with bending trees and
vibrating ground and water!
- Solve different environmental puzzles, while using dinos as pawns
in your strategic maneuvers!