- Original take on the RTS-RPG hybrid genre*. No "hero" characters with artificially stronger stats than everybody else- Every character and NPC you meet is potentially an equal, and has a name, a life.
- You are not the chosen one. *You're not great and powerful. You don't have more 'hitpoints' than everyone else. You are not the center of the universe, and you are not special. Unless you work for it. *Be cautious and grow. You don't have to win all the time, if a character loses a fight, he actually gains more experience from it. After all you never forget a lesson if it involves getting stabbed*.** - Freeform gameplay* in a seamless game world stretching over 400 square kilometers. The game will never seek to limit you or restrict your personal play style. Be a trader, a thief, a rebel, a mercenary, a business owner, a doctor, a bandit... the list goes on.
- Variation and possibilities**of gameplay*. Be good, be evil, be a business man, be a thief, live in a town, live in the desert, join the army, fight the army, travel alone, travel in hordes, build a fortress, raze a city.
- Purchase and upgrade your own buildings *to use as safe fortified havens when things go bad or use them to start up a business.
- Carry your wounded *squad mates to safety and get them all home alive.
- Dynamic, ever changing world*. Support or hinder whoever you wish, or keep to yourself, the world won't stop moving. This is not just a
"game"- you are living and surviving in a simulated world.
- Absolutely no Level-scaling. *The world does not level up along with you, and the shops don't change their inventory to only items matching your level. At the start of the game almost everyone will be stronger than you and survival will always be a struggle.
- Realistic medical system that affects gameplay*. A character with a wounded leg will limp or crawl and slow the party down, wounded arms means you must use your sword one-handed or not at all. Lose an eye and it will affect your field of vision. Blood loss means you can pass out, and the blood will attract predators. Exhaustion affects performance and is increased by equipment weight, weather, blood loss and thirst.
Severed limbs will need expensive robotic replacements.
- Aid or oppose the various factions *in the world while striving for the strength and wealth necessary to simply survive in the harsh desert.
- Independently developed *with no design influences or alterations dictated by men in gray suits who have never played a game before in their lives.
- Original game world*. There are no fantasy-knock-off cliches. No magical glowing swords.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Kenshi
More On GameRevolution