Sony Fact Sheet
The absolute merging of man and cycle technology has arrived. They're
called KineticSkins. Scientifically advanced exoskeletons are fused
with humans to allow them to harness unbelievable speed and incredible
agility. A unique technology enables them to adhere to almost any surface.
Anti-gravity maneuvers are essential for high-G vertical climbs and
maintaining stability at terminal speeds. Moreover, the maneuverability
of the Kinetic Skins allow racers to perform insane stunts and draft
behind opponents to enhance the Skin's speed. Kinetica provides pure
arcade-style racing focusing on the thrill of competition. Everything
from the Kinetic Skin technology to aggressive opposition delivers an
adrenaline-filled racing experience. The 12+ tracks in six unique racing
environments are specifically designed to allow the pure competitive
nature of racing to assert itself in the most dramatic ways possible.
- Internally developed, designed and produced by Sony Computer Entertainment
America's Santa Monica studio.
- Experience pure arcade-style racing with futuristic speed and total
- Integrate into one of six types of Kinetic Skins, each engineered
for racing in diverse environments.
- Articulated animations capture the gracefulness of human agility
and the intricacies of Kinetic Suit engineering.
- Opponents create intense rider-to-rider interaction delivering the
essence of a Kinetica race: COMPETITION.
- Kinetic Skins transition into different modes gaining enhanced speed,
heightened maneuverability, or increased flexibility for aerial stunts.
- Race through 12+ tracks in six futuristic environments consisting
of ultra-modern architecture fused with alien technology.
- Explore alternative routes not only in the form of multiple paths,
but wall-riding and gravity-defying ceiling runs that give the competitive
edge to those with imagination and intestinal fortitude.
- Perform dramatic stunts including death-defying air tricks as well
as acrobatic ground maneuvers at breakneck speeds.
- Apply racing tactics, such as drafting and blocking to increase
Kinetic Skin speed and performance.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Kinetica