Publisher: Konami Digital Entertainment - America
Developer: Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Release Date: March 2, 2004
Platform(s): Sony PlayStation® 2
Peripherals Required: Headset microphone
ESRB Rating: M for Mature
Genre: Voice Action Adventure
It’s time to put down the game controller and speak up! Lifeline
is a heart-pounding action adventure epic set high above Earth in a
futuristic space station hotel that is suddenly rocked by a massive
attack. In the first-ever voice activated action-adventure game, players
will find themselves inexplicably trapped in the hotel’s security
control room with their only link to the outside world being a female
survivor named Rio.
LifeLine is the world’s first action adventure that replaces
the handheld controller as the main interface with voice activated commands
using a microphone headset peripheral. Players must use verbal communication
to direct Rio through the hotel’s hostile environment and to guide
her through deadly duels with terrifying creatures. The player’s
only weapon is their voice. LifeLine’s unprecedented technology
features voice-recognition of over 5,000 words and 100,000 phrases such
as “Shoot!”, “Run!” and “Dodge and reload!”
so that gamers remain on the edge of their seats as they guide Rio through
a thrilling adventure.
• First ever voice-activated action-adventure game
• New and unique gaming experience with a gripping storyline and
• Game is played exclusively through microphone and a voice recognition
• Heart-pounding action adventure set in a futuristic surrounding
• Critically acclaimed title in Japan winning Famitsu’s
prestigious “Platinum” Award
• The character of Rio is brought to life by the voice of Kristin
Miller, star of the hit NBC series, “She Spies”.
• Compatible with PS2 USB Headsets
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Lifeline