Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: iNiS Corp.
Format: DVD for the Xbox 360 video game system
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: Holiday season 2008
Price: To be determined
Microsoft Corp. is taking a whole new stage with “Lips,” an all-new music franchise exclusively for Xbox 360. “Lips” is the only singing game that offers wireless motion-sensitive microphones and the ability to sing from your own music collection of DRM-free songs.* Start channeling your favorite pop star because it’s you, your friends and most important your music that turns “Lips,” the new singing game for Xbox 360, into the world’s ultimate party experience this holiday season.
Keiichi Yano, celebrated developer behind some of the industry’s most beloved rhythm games, brings his vision of collaborative and social musical entertainment to “Lips.” The first and only singing game that offers interactive motion-sensitive microphones to make your party rock all night long, “Lips” encourages players to toss apprehensions out the window and join the party.
Top game features include the following:
• Two wireless interactive microphones. Featuring stylish interactive motion sensors and lights, the microphones respond to singers’ actions and can be used as percussion accompaniments. With the freedom and encouragement provided by the high-quality wireless microphones, everyone can live their singing dreams in style.
• The best music. “Lips” will include a diverse selection of songs, including your favorite blasts from the past such as “Bust a Move” by Young MC, as well as new songs from breakout artists such as “Mercy” by Duffy and “Young Folks” by Peter Bjorn and John.
• Sing your music collection. “Lips” allows people to customize their experience with the songs that matter most to them by singing along with friends to the music from their personal collection.*
• Play along. Using the standard Xbox 360 controller, up to two people will be able to join the fun and choose from a variety of percussion accompaniment to play along with the music in “Lips.” By placing control of various tambourines, claps and of course the ubiquitous cowbell at the fingertips of anyone with a controller, “Lips” creates a social entertainment experience for friends, co-workers and kids alike.
• Constant flow of new music. From the songs that will come with the game, to your own music collection and the ability to download new tracks from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, “Lips” will continually provide new music to bring people together and keep the party going.
For more than a decade, Keiichi has overseen the development of some of the industry’s most popular music video games. As chief creative officer and co-founder of iNiS, Keiichi has been at the forefront of the music gaming industry and has been setting the precedent for exciting, fast-beat games since 1997. Widely credited as the creator of the first rhythm-based guitar game, “Gitaroo man,” Keiichi has now turned his attention to creating a one-of-a-kind singing experience for Xbox 360. His latest development, “Lips,” powerfully showcases his passion for music. Featuring some of today’s hottest artists, he has once again set the tone for the future of musical game development.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Lips