Mark of Kri Screenshots
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: SCEA - San Diego Studios
Players: 1 player
Platform: PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system
Peripherals: DUALSHOCK™2 analog controller, Memory Card (8MB) (for PlayStation 2)
Launch Date: July 30, 2002
Target Age: 17 +
Rating: "M" for Mature
Epic adventure and fierce combat await in the newest action-adventure game exclusively for PlayStation2. Players assume the role of Rau, a heroic warrior unmatched in skill and strength, as he battles through richly detailed 3D environments to discover the truth about his family's dark secrets. Accompanied by his loyal and trusted friend, a large black bird named Kuzo, Rau must fulfill his destiny to protect the world from an evil and powerful spell.
With a unique and intuitive combat system in which enemies are attacked in stealth mode or in an assigned striking order using the right analog stick, The Mark of Kri presents a new and innovative approach to fighting adventure games.
Combined with artistically sketched movies and a colorful cast of characters, the engaging storyline will immerse the player into a world of magic, discovery and conflict. Launching this summer, The Mark of Kri delivers an entertainment experience that stretches the imagination and pushes the power of PlayStation 2.
- Uniquely stylized and designed characters. The main hero, Rau, is fierce, agile and intelligent. His loyal and trusted friend, Kuzo, a large black bird, is his eyes and ears to strategically maneuver through this epic fantasy.
- Use Kuzo to scout unknown territory, distract enemies and retrieve items.
- Vibrant, intricately detailed areas, each with its own uniquely distinct styles and themes. Highly interactive environments where weapons can be affected by encountering various elements; i.e. a sword can get stuck in the trunk of a tree or bounce off of a hard surface.
- Original and intense combat system - proprietary combat action that is innovative, intuitive and extremely responsive - requiring only the skill of the gamer to make the difference. A plan of attack must be carefully tailored for every situation to successfully defeat the enemy.
- The unique combat action operates by sweeping the right analog stick in the direction of the enemies. Up to nine targets are "locked-on" and attacked after assigning buttons to each of the enemies. Perform combos to attack swiftly while blocking oncoming threats.
- A well-balanced mix between two different states of fighting - armed or unarmed (stealth). Armed combat offers the selection between four weapons: battle axe, Taiaha (spear), broadsword and bow and arrow. Some situations, however, will prove that stealth and strategy are the greatest weapons in the arsenal.
- Engaging storyline immerses the player into a world of magic, discovery and conflict. Through artistically sketched in-game movies, captivating music from Juno Reactor and a colorful cast of characters, follow Rau as he discovers the truth about his family's secrets and learns his destiny. The compelling storyline unfolds through various objectives/tasks given to Rau throughout each level.
- Within each area are various challenges, in which the player will be rewarded with new arenas and items upon completion of the level, for added replay.
- Save scrolls are available to gather in each of the areas, allowing the player to save the game at any point in the adventure.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Mark of Kri