Publisher: Majesco Entertainment
Developer: Backbone Entertainment
Licensor: Microsoft Corporation
Platform: Nintendo DS
Genre: Action Adventure
Release Date: May 9, 2006
MechAssault: Phantom War brings the future of interstellar combat to today's handheld gamers in a way that only the Nintendo DS can deliver. MechAssault: Phantom War is a story driven, 3rd person, futuristic shooter where you assume the role of a MechWarrior, trained in the art of controlling a 30 – 100 ton, bipedal, robotic suit of unparalleled destruction...the BattleMech. Enjoy fast action 3D Mech combat via the top screen, while the lower touch screen takes you inside the cockpit to man the controls. As MechWarrior Vallen Bryce it is up to you to alter the landscape of galactic war and restore peace to the universe before it's too late.
The year is 3134, and after 60 years of peace and prosperity the Republic of the Sphere is now living in a dark age of ex-communication. Nearly all Hyperpulse Generators (HPGs), the pinnacles of interstellar communication, have been struck by a virus leaving worlds cut off from all information. With involuntary blinders on, no one in the Republic knows when, or where, the next attack could be coming from. Their only hope is to turn the HPG into an instrument of war.
Game Play Features:
- Commandeer over 24 types of Mechs, including Turrets, Tanks, and BattleArmor to obliterate your enemies
- Hack into an enemy Mech, override the defense systems, eject pilots and overtake the machine, all from your touch screen!
- Wireless Multiplayer combat for up to four players simultaneously
- Four modes of Multiplayer gameplay:
o Grinder Mode: aim for the highest kill count
o Destruction Mode: classic death match
o Control King: test your survival skills
o Kontrol Phreak: defend your territory
- Nine complex Campaign Missions in Single-Player mode, and six epic style missions in Multiplayer mode
- Unlockable Mechs, Maps, Environments and Weapons for enhanced gameplay