Mega Man Powered Up Screenshots
LAS VEGAS — February 16, 2006 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today showcased Mega Man® Powered Up for the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system. The original Mega Man, which was originally released on the Nintendo Entertainment System, undergoes a complete transformation in Mega Man Powered Up. A totally redesigned look and feel, combined with a wealth of new gameplay options, provides an entirely new gameplay experience for even the ultimate Mega Man aficionado. Mega Man Powered Up is rated "E" for everyone by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) and is planned for release in March across North America.
In Mega Man Powered Up, a near future sees advances in science that have helped Dr. Light and his fellow researchers develop humanoid robots designed to improve quality of life for mankind. All is harmonious until an evil scientist named Dr. Wily takes control of several robots in his quest to take over the planet. With Dr. Light's help, a household helper robot named Mega Man embarks on a mission to restore peace to the world.
In this classic 2D side-scroller, players take on the role of Mega Man as he slides, shoots and jumps his way through a variety of themed stages, ultimately facing off against a menacing boss character for each. Stages can be selected in any order and can be retried as many times as possible. Actions, moves and weapons earned in areas can be strategically used to finish others and will also provide access to previously inaccessible sections of levels players have already beaten.
Mega Man Powered Up includes several major modifications to the original game for its PSP system edition:
- Fun new visual style provides a fresh face lift
- Mega Man and company now feature super sized cartoon heads
- Every level has been revitalized, producing vibrant environments
- Fully revamped audio
- All original background music and sound effects are remixed
- Original background music is also available for the authentic old-school experience
- Complete voice acting for all cut scenes draws players even further into the adventure
- Totally redesigned level structure
- Every level features modified map structures as well as varied item locations
- New tricks for getting past obstacles have been implemented
- Even those who have played the original game can experience a fresh challenge, however a game mode featuring the configurations from the original version is also included as an option
- All new cut scenes before boss battles
- Intuitive level editor option allows endless possibilities
- Players can design their own stages creating challenges that are only limited by their own imagination
- Customize everything from enemy and object placement to music
- Collect "item packs" from the main game to unlock more objects for even more variety when crafting levels
- Online options offer even further gameplay challenges
- Use the PSP system's infrastructure mode to share levels with friends and fellow fans around the world
- Download stages created by others for a limitless array of challenges
- Mega Man Challenge 100 – take a break from the main story mode by putting skills to the test in 100 different short stages, each with its own objectives and challenges
- Two new boss characters, each with their own newly designed stages
- For the first time, play as any of the eight boss robots in the game – utilize their unique abilities and characteristics to zip past obstacles
- Three difficulty levels
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Mega Man Powered Up