Megaman Star Force: Dragon Screenshots
In the 23rd century, viruses and cyber crime have been eliminated from the net and technology has advanced to an unprecedented level.
The world of tomorrow is one in which people use mobile computers called "Trancers" and are able to change various navigation systems into electromagnetic waves (EM waves) that make up the "Wave Road". While the Wave Road exists in the real world,it is only visible to those from the mysterious planet FM and the game's hero who, through a twist of fate, transforms into EM waves himself.
View the action from behind Mega Man in a third person perspective.
A Boy and His Magic Goggles
Mega Man Star Force introduces a new lead character, a boy named Subaru Hoshikawa, whose astronaut father has disappeared after a mysterious incident at the satellite station. Fond memories of spending time with his father have inspired Subaru's interests in the stars and what lies beyond. One day, Subaru heads to the observation deck and puts on a pair of "visualizer" glasses that had belonged to his father. These allow the wearer to see all the electric connections that exist between spaces.
When he puts on these special goggles, a specific wave is triggered, summoning the presence of a mysterious alien life form named Warlock who had escaped from the planet FM. Dangerous creatures from that planet have come to attack Earth, so they must join together in order to defeat these menacing forces. Combining with Warlock enables Subaru to transform into Mega Man and enter the Wave Road.
Three Elemental Versions
Mega Man Star Force is the first game in a new Mega Man series making its debut in three versions.
- Pegasus: Based on the water element, Ice Pegasus can instantly freeze an opponent with its special Ice Slash.
- Leo: Turning up the heat, Fire Leo uses a special Flame Burner attack that can incinerate enemies in its path.
- Dragon: The ferocious Green Dragon draws upon the power of wood with a Wood Shot that fires a cluster of razor sharp leaves, slashing enemies to bits.
Mega Man introduces the Elemental Power Chain, in which all battle cards have one of five elemental characteristics: fire, water, wood, electricity or neutral. Each star force's elemental attribute is stronger than one and weaker than another. Double damage is dealt against a weaker element, while double damage is received from a stronger element. Wood bashes electricity, electricity shocks water, water puts out fire, and fire burns wood.
Cyber "wave battles" now take place in a three by five grid with no boundaries between Mega Man and enemies.
Brother Band System
Add as many as six friends that also have the game in order to gain powerful advantages in battle and help power up each other's abilities:
- Each player has six registered favorite cards that are part of his profile; by using a friend's Brother force card during battle, one of these favorites is picked at random for use during the battle.
- Link ability – these can offer a boost in HP, higher attack level and more!
- As you level up and the more Brothers you have, the link ability and other Brother Card data can be boosted as well!
- Best Combo – combine Battle Cards to unleash consecutive attacks or use a Brother's "Best Combo" also.
- Connecting with others that have the same cards in their folders can boost the power of those cards.
- Brothers are encouraged to link up frequently to ensure having the latest and greatest data.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Megaman Star Force: Dragon
More On GameRevolution