Messerschmitt Me262 Screenshots
The world's first jet combat aircraft authentically reproduced by award-winning developers Flight Replicas, for Flight Simulator X and 2004.
Developer: Flight Replicas
Genre: Flight Simulator Expansion
Format: PC CD-ROM
Release: April 2009
SRP: £19.99 / €29.95
Barcode: 5060094401225 (Eng)
Take your seat in the legendary ‘Stormbird’
The Messerschmitt Me262 Schwalbe (German for "Swallow") was the world’s first operational turbojet fighter aircraft. It saw action from late summer of 1944 until the end of World War II as a multi-role fighter/bomber/interceptor warplane for the Luftwaffe.
German pilots nicknamed this incredible aircraft as the Sturmvogel (Germanfor “Stormbird”). Ultimately though the Me262 had little impact on the course of the war, with 500 odd kills claimed against a loss of 100 aircraft and many more grounded due to lack of fuel.
However, its spectacular and revolutionary design has left it as one of the legendary and most recognisable combat aircraft of the era.
Of the 1,430 total aircraft were built, though only about 300 ever saw combat. Some 120 two-seat trainers were built, made by modifying the single seat airframe. The Me262, although a spectacular aircraft for its time, had a negligible impact on the course of the war, shooting down an estimated 150 Allied aircraft for the loss of 100 Me 262s, the majority of aircraft being grounded too often for lack of fuel.
Built specifically for FSX (SP2/Acceleration) from the critically acclaimed developers of the Bf109, this all-new extremely detailed and functional Gmax version of the famed Messerschmitt Me262 features not only the single seat fighters, but the two-seat trainer with fully operational dual cockpits, the dual seat Nightfighter as well with a total of ten different aircraft variants. (Dual seat variants are for FSX only.)
In addition the package includes the Me262A single seat -1A and 2A models in seven variants.
Several of the single seat models have also been included for FS2004.
Revi16B gunsight that folds accurately out of the way and can be turned on or off.
- Highly accurate Virtual Cockpits, each different, individually modelled after photos of those in existing period aircraft, including fully-functional dual cockpits in the two seat aircraft.
- Accurate cockpit instrumentation right down to different types of artificial horizon, VSI, electric compass and oxygen gauges – all modelled in 3D.
- Cabin ventilation lever that opens a visible air scoop
- The Nightfighter has a red gun sight reticule, just like the original!
- Fully clickable and workable cockpit has accurate and working buttons on systems panel plus a working trigger guard and trigger on control stick.
- Bump mapping on FSX models with carefully researched textures, including help from a major museum.
- Accurately animated landing gear sequence (e.g. on approach: main wheels first, then front gear)
- The animated pilot is dressed in authentic flight suit, helmet and mask. He will even put on his mask when you turn on the oxygen system! (FS2004 versions automatically at 8000 feet)
- Exhaust cones that move with throttle setting, just like the original Jumo 004 engines.
- Full flight operations manual, accurate and derived from the original plus included history of all the aircraft depicted.
- Two paint kits, one for the Me262A and one for the Me262B two-seater.
Aircraft model list
Flight Simulator X
Me-262A-1A - 3 liveries
Me-262A-2A – 2 liveries
Me-262A-1A Nightfighter - 1 livery
Me-262A-1A/U3 Reconnaissance - 1 livery
Me-262A-1A/U4 Large Cannon - 1 livery
Me-262B Trainer - 1 livery
Me-262B-1A/U1 Nightfighter - 1 livery
Flight Simulator 2004
Me-262A-1A standard - 2 liveries
Me-262A-1A/U3 Reconnaissance - 1 livery
Me-262A-1A R4M Rocket Launcher equipped - 1 livery
Me-262A-1A Long-range standard (Drop-tanks) - 2 liveries
Me-262A-2A Jabo - 1 livery
The boxed edition includes both the Flight Simulator 2004 and Flight Simulator X versions of the software (model variations based on simulator version) with printed manual detailing the cockpits and operational procedures for this remarkable aircraft.
MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X or 2004
Windows – Windows XP or Vista
Processor – 2.8 GHz
Memory – 2 Gb RAM
Hard Drive – 200 Mb free
Video Card – 256 Mb
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Messerschmitt Me262