Title: Micro Machines V4
Formats: PlayStation 2, PSP, DS, PC
Release: Late June 2006
Mixing miniature mayhem with maximum multiplayer racing, Micro Machines V4 will arrive packed with knockabout, breakneck racing in the fastest scale miniatures, complete with explosive weapon power-ups. Letting you loose with hundreds of vehicles, each with distinctive performance abilities, you’ll be racing your inch-long miniature motors on the wildest tracks where everyday household objects appear immense in size and can become lethal hazards.
Fans of classic Micro Machines games will rejoice in the return of some of the series’ most popular racing arenas. Spin out around the breakfast table littered with cereal spills, tear through the kitchen, turbo boost around the pool table (while avoiding the treacherous pockets), or hit the gas as you drive around the rim of the bath, carefully negotiating the ferocious waters pouring over the edge of the bath.
As well as the familiar feel-good environments, Micro Machines V4 sees your racing world expand further than any previous Micro Machines game. Go beyond the house and garden tracks and discover what it’s like to race across house roofs, in the sewers, through supermarkets, museums and even down to the farm, with its danger-packed chicken coop!
Then there’s an arsenal of power-ups and weapons to collect and use on your opponents while you’re racing; Micro Machines V4 brings all the favourites back, including –the car-mounted giant hammer!
- Engage in madcap competition racing with your micro motors on the wildest tracks around your house, garden and beyond…
- Spin out round the kitchen, turbo boost around the pool table or hit the gas as you drive round the rim of the bath. Micro Machines takes you onto the world’s 50 fastest improvised racetracks!
- Multiplayer and single player game modes with practice, battle and tournament challenges.
- Earn credits to unlock tracks and cars then trade online.
- 25 vehicle types with 750 cars to collect or trade. Or, up the stakes when you play for keeps with ‘Pink slip racing’
- Use your arsenal of 25 weapons and power ups to blast your opponents with the plasma gun or send homing missiles to throw them off course.
- Track editor that allows you to choose your own route through selected environments then challenge your friends to do battle.