Miffy's World Screenshots
Miffy’s World is a simulation game world based on the character Miffy authored by Dick Bruna. Using Miffy as the in-game avatar, players must perform quests and puzzles in order to explore the World, score points and gain gifts.
Quests simultaneously promote the exploration of the World, interaction with characters, access to mini-games and are given to the player by NPCs (non player characters). Examples of the quests Miffy must embark on includes ‘The Birthday Party’ where she must undertake a variety of tasks including the delivery of three party invitations to her friends, picking an apple from the apple tree and feeding the chicken in order for it to lay an egg to allow her Aunt Alice to make a pie for the party. In ‘The Bird in the Snow’, Miffy finds a bird in the snow and must help Boris the bear build a bird house for it.
Puzzles each have an interface of their own design according to the gameplay. The puzzles deal with colours, shapes, the naming of objects, etc, and are necessary for the conclusion of quests.
Some examples of the puzzles in the game include ‘Ongoing Object’ where Boris the bear is building something using rectangular boards. The player has to choose from a series of images the right object that Boris is building.
In ‘Remember the Objects’ three objects are shown for 4-5 seconds on the screen. They fade to the background and a wraparound image appears. The player then has to identify the three objects in the picture.
With an abundance of quests and puzzles for the player to undertake and complete, Miffy’s World is set to stimulate the imagination and entertain a whole new generation of children.
• Single player or two-player
• 2D wrap-around circular world comprised of the main characters’ houses (Miffy, Poppy, Boris, and more) and other locations including the School and the Playground
• Game world designed to replicate the aesthetic of the much loved books
• Game world comprised of four Miffy experiences – World, Zoo, Seaside, Mountains – each with their own individual locations
• In-game time synchronized with the real world via the Wii’s internal clock.
• Three playable characters – Miffy, Mom and Dad
• Eight non-playable characters – Poppy, Grunty, Boris, Barbara, Aunt Alice, Melanie, Snuffy and the Teacher
• Interactive puzzles, object discovery, quests, character interaction and maps
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Miffy's World
More On GameRevolution