Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Electronic Arts Seattle
Ship Date: Summer/Fall 2001
Category: Online Racing Simulation
Flash back to the golden age of the American hot rod and enter the world
of Motor City with over 50 classic, muscle and stock cars from the 1930s
to the early 1970s -- all licensed by the "Big Three" manufacturers
of Ford™, GM™ and Chrysler™. Motor City Online™ introduces automobile
aficionados to a revolutionary new online PC title that invites visitors
into Motor City… a persistent online community in which players can
buy, sell, customize, race and meet fellow car driving fanatics.
Motor City Online revs up to the starting line with both Arcade Action
and Sim World modes of gameplay. Arcade Action is for the quick "grab
the keys and go" driver while the Sim World provides a deeper, community-based
experience where players can buy, sell and trade cars and parts, exchange
stories and customization tips, join car clubs, develop rivalries and
Within the Arcade Action mode, EZ Street is an ideal place to begin
the Motor City Online experience. Gamers will be immediately immersed
into the community and Motor City way of life with a series of beginner-focused
tracks. Upon graduating from EZ Street, racers can catch up on the latest
and greatest happenings within Motor City by checking out the 24-hour
hot-rodder hangouts where challenges can be made in over 15 street,
pro and drag racing tracks.
The Sim World takes the Motor City experience to the next level. Before
hitting the streets, drivers create unique identities, buy and customize
their car(s) and choose whether or not to join a club, which can potentially
increase a player's income and status. Drivers will earn a weekly salary,
which is determined by winning races, selling services or simply by
their club's success. But before the light turns green, racers can also
wager Motor City "dollars" in order to build up an inventory of cash,
cars and authentic auto parts. In the constantly evolving world within
Motor City Online, anything's possible -- build it, race it and risk
- Persistent online community and racing experience focused on the
golden age of classic American car culture.
- The widest selection of classics, hot rods and muscle cars in any
racing game -- over 50 licensed cars from the 1930s to the 1970s,
with additional downloadable cars and parts scheduled post-ship.
- Ability to personalize, fully customize and upgrade cars as well as
a player's persona.
- Players can join and/or create their own clubs and participate in
private racing practices, club vs. club racing championships, turf
wars and social events.
- Robust online community where players can buy, trade, customize,
chat about and race classic, muscle and stock cars from the golden
age of the American automobile.
- Sim World features over 15 street, pro and drag racing tracks while
the Arcade Action involves five modes, including the novice-based
EZ Street for easy entry gameplay.
- Over 1,000 authentic stock and licensed car parts for racers to
upgrade and make repairs.
- Dynamic economy where car and part prices change simulating real-world
supply and demand -- cars and parts can be traded or auctioned off
and sold to the highest bidder.
- Breath-taking graphics and true four-point car physics for road-hugging
- Complete user-friendly Internet experience in which players can
race competitively or just for fun.
- Key product in premium EA.com subscription games services, playable
exclusively on EA.com.