Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: Evolution Studios
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3 system
Rating: “T” for Teen
Developed by Evolution Studios, MotorStorm™ is a brutal, no-holds-barred offroad racing game created exclusively for the PLAYSTATION®3 system. Set in the fictitious desert environment of Monument Valley, MotorStorm takes full advantage of the processing power of the PS3™ system to deliver an extreme racing event where the goal is to not only win, but to survive.
In the game, players will descend upon the MotorStorm Festival, a celebration of the alternative and extreme offroad racing culture. Throwing caution to the wind, players will take on a variety of racing fanatics and battle through chaotic, action-packed tracks to try and become the Festival champ.
Capitalizing on its pedigree in offroad racing, Evolution Studios has created a true next-generation gameplay experience that features smarter and more aggressive artificial intelligence (AI), real-time track deformation, fully destructible vehicles and environments, and stunningly detailed scenery. Tapping into the power of the PLAYSTATION 3 system, MotorStorm will showcase cinematic effects such as motion blur, depth-of-field, and Hollywood-style “crash cams” that replay spectacular crash sequences during a race.
• Attacking and Offensive Driving – Players must not only try to win the race but survive against the other racers. Combat-like racing takes center stage as the vehicles are the weapons.
• Stunning Environments – MotorStorm features amazing scenic environments that capture some of America’s most recognizable desert landmarks with wide-open plains, harrowing cliff edges, and tight canyon sections.
• Cutting-Edge Artificial Intelligence – The A.I. will be able to analyze the race and surroundings and react in the most realistic manner possible. Not only will the competition try to win the race at all costs, but the A.I. will react to situations realistically, such as locating the best routes and changing the level of driving aggression based on player actions.
• Real-time Track Deformation – Players will never experience the same track twice as each vehicle will carve up the track in varying depths, making navigation of each lap different than the last.
• Physics-Based Car Damage – Players will break and destroy a vehicle’s parts and panels during collisions with other drivers as well as the environment.
• PLAYSTATION®3 system – Greater processing power on the PS3 system and Blu-ray technology enables more immersive visuals and sound effects in MotorStorm, heightening the chaos within each brutal race environment.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about MotorStorm
More On GameRevolution