Publisher: Activision Publishing, Inc.
Developer: Lionhead Studios
Release Date: Spring 2006
Platform: Windows PC
Suggested Retail Price: TBD
ESRB rating: TBD
Imagine you’re making your seminal film and you need to bring your audience to the edge of their seats. Does your chase scene end in an epic explosion? Does your story shift staging to an exotic new set? Does your leading man freefall from the top floor of an office building…and survive?
With The Movies: Stunts & Effects Expansion Pack, these choices and more are all in your hands. Introduce dangerous stunts, astounding visual effects and impressive new sets to your Hollywood hit parade. Utilize a host of new technologies, sets, backdrops, costumes, vehicles and props. Take home awards in newly created categories like biggest daredevil stunt performer and best stuntman.
Now that you’ve honed your skills as a master movie maker, The Movies: Stunts & Effects Expansion Pack gives you the tools to turn your Hollywood hits into blockbuster industry-shaping events.
- Film how you want – A must-have feature for The Movies online community, the all new “Freecam Mode” allows you to take control of the camera and create drama like never before. Adjust the camera location, angle, field of view (FOV) and path to create truly unique movies.
- Break a leg – Include death-defying stunts, stunt scripts and new stunt double characters in your movies. From practicing in the “Stuntmen” training facilities to suffering on-the-job injuries, you control the jumps, falls, rescues and battles that can make your movie memorable or take you on a trip to the ER.
- More bang for your buck – With the new particle effects engine, enhance your scenes with incredible visual effects. Fireball explosions, shattering glass, electrical charges, smoke and steam can turn an ordinary action sequence into a cinematic showstopper. And there is more - crush vehicles, create water effects, change the weather and add bullet squibs and lasers for amazing visual impact.
- Ready the set and go – Dramatically expand your studio lot with a plethora of brand-new movie sets and utilizing parallax technologies. A lush jungle landscape, a bustling commercial city street and a military-grade barrack are just a few of the realistic environments, or put your actors on the green screen set and they can appear as if they’re flying across the Sahara in the final cut.
- Small size. Big impact – With the addition of new miniature sets and scenes across several genres, you can go for dramatic sweeping angles and larger-than-life scale. Swoosh through a skyscraper canyon or pan across a galaxy far far away for dramatic impact. Use miniature models of UFO motherships to recreate an alien invasion of Earth or a group of miniature helicopters to fly a platoon deep into the jungle for your war-time epic.
- Give me more – Pick from a host of new backdrops, costumes, props, vehicles and aircraft, to dress each all of your sets and scenes down to the last detail. Plus utilize the updated costume selection menu to make your actors appear older or heavier so they can really get into their characters perfectly.
- Roll out the red carpet – Earn industry awards, achievements and reviews for new stunts featured in your movies. Prepare your acceptance speech because you can win best stunt movie, best stunt man or biggest daredevil stunt performer.
- Make your magnum opus – Building on feedback from The Movies Online community members, you can now add length and sophistication to your celluloid storyline with a host of upgrades in the refined Advanced Movie Making mode.