My Stop Smoking Coach with Allen Carr Screenshots
My Stop Smoking Coach with Allen Carr
Full Name My Stop Smoking Coach with Allen Carr
Platform Nintendo DS™ system
Target Male and female DS owners who intend to stop smoking but do not believe that they can achieve it by themselves because of an inability to maintain motivation
Developer Ubisoft Quebec, Canada
Release date November 2008
© 2008 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Book copyright © Allen Carr's Easyway (International) Limited, 1985, 1991, 1998, 2004. Nintendo DS is a trademark of Nintendo.
Do you want to quit smoking but worry that you lack the willpower?
Discover a game that brings the successful Allen Carr’s Easyway to Stop Smoking method to an exciting interactive platform: Nintendo DS.
Now smokers striving to break their nicotine addiction have instant access to an expert they can put in their pocket.
Developed in conjunction with Allen Carr’s experts, My Stop Smoking Coach with Allen Carr uses eye-opening lessons alongside fun and interactive games to uncover the many illusions preventing smokers from quitting.
• Create your personal profile: Choose your personal coach from six of Allen Carr’s experts, and your coach will give you personalized advice and tips based on your smoking habits and history.
• Developed in conjunction with Allen Carr’s experts, My Stop Smoking Coach with Allen Carr takes the method to a new level by simultaneously entertaining and challenging the player – a truly interactive approach and more efficient learning process that enables the player to quit smoking more easily.
• 15 innovative mini-games: A fun way to help you dispel the illusions about nicotine addiction.
• Reward system: Using the Path to Freedom meter, track your progress as you move from dependence to freedom.
• Special calendar of benefits: Once you’ve quit, you can still play the game and measure the daily benefits you get from your new life without cigarettes.
Allen Carr’s Easyway to Stop Smoking Method
Facts about Smokers
• 1.3 billion people smoke worldwide (Source: http://health.learninginfo.org/cigarette-smoking-facts.htm)
• 1 out of 2 smokers say they intend to quit smoking in the next 6 months (Source: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/ccdpc-cpcmc/cancer/publications/nphs-sboc/nphs12_e.html)
• The desire to quit smoking is stronger among 15–24 year olds (Source: http://www.epi.hss.state.ak.us/bulletins/docs/b1997_37.htm)
Carr's Easyway method focuses on the reasons why we smoke rather than the reasons we shouldn't. Since smokers already understand that smoking is unhealthy, costly and often anti–social, the Easyway method eradicates the belief that smoking provides any sort of genuine pleasure or crutch. Additionally, by eliminating feelings of sacrifice and deprivation, this method quells smokers' fear of stopping.
A worldwide property
• Published in 47 countries, the book has sold 8 million copies. It is the best selling stop smoking method in the U.S. to date (Source: Bookscan, LTD March 2008)
• A global network of clinics in 38 countries: 250,000 smokers treated at clinics to date
• Based on the three-month money-back guarantee offered at all Allen Carr’s Easyway Clinics, the success rate is over 90%
• Independent studies indicate that even after 12 months the success rate remains over 50%
• An estimated 10 million smokers have been cured worldwide by clinics and books
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about My Stop Smoking Coach with Allen Carr