The most detailed and engaging NBA experience both on the court and behind
the scenes is back again with NBA ’07 for the PlayStation®2 computer
entertainment system. Picking up where last year’s game left off, NBA
’07 hits the hardwood with new features, enhanced gameplay, and a return
to the immersive inside experience of life in the league by introducing “The
Life: Volume 2."
An all-new Smart Shot Indicator provides a visual gauge of the impact defense
has on shot opportunities, and a new Power Boarding System is now in place to
offer a true 3D approach for players to position themselves for rebounds. Additionally,
NBA ’07 includes refined core gameplay elements including new mechanics
for stealing, passing, and shot selection as well as more intuitive Artificial
Officially licensed by the NBA, more than a dozen mini-games are available
in NBA ’07 including favorites such as 21, Own the Court, and 3-Point
Shootout. “Showtime Gameplay" returns, providing players the opportunity
to manage and balance a variety of game time elements including temperamental
crowds, eager teammates, and individual basketball skills. With online access
to compete in a variety of leagues and tournaments, EyeToy™ functionality,
and an all-new soundtrack, NBA '07 is prepared to deliver the most realistic
professional basketball experience available - on and off the courts.
- The Life: Volume 2 - Go behind the scenes in this unique mode
to experience the life of an NBA professional “ this time as the league’s
- True NBA Experience - Gamers will once again be exposed to successes
and failures of an NBA career including injuries, press conferences, endorsements,
and other major events that come with being a franchise athlete.
- Two Playable Characters - Play from the perspective of both The Kid
and Big W as the story of their rivalry unfolds. Each character is confronted
with personal conflicts in their careers that highlight the glory and anguish
of their NBA stardom.
- MVP Race - Challenge Big W for MVP honors. Based on skill progression
and head-to-head match ups, Kid and Big W will move up or down the MVP Race
- Unlockable Gameplay - Players completing The Life: Volume 2 with a created
character will unlock the ability to play the post season again as Big W, providing
new scenes and a different gameplay experience.
- Compelling Storyline - Delve into a deep story where each player has
a different experience and takes a different path as they progress through the
league. A variety of mini-games, drills, and clutch-win scenarios help players
build experience levels, expanding their skill sets and overall attributes.
- Character Development - Balance interaction with coaches, agents, teammates,
family, and rivals. Perform well on the court and get rewarded with endorsements.
- Film Production Quality - Utilizing movie industry film/camera direction,
script development, professional voice talent, and a film-like musical score,
NBA '07 continues the immersive cinematic experience within the game.
- New Power Boarding System - Players can now experience the most
realistic rebounding system ever. Based on shot trajectory and bounce off the
rim, this new mechanic allows players to realistically position themselves in
regard to where the basketball will be once it bounces off the rim or backboard.
- New Smart Shot Indicator - A clear visual cue as to shot probability
based on defensive effort. Tighter defense will result in a low-level indicator
while soft defense will encourage players to fire away.
- Enhanced Gameplay and A.I. - In addition to rebounding and shooting,
each of the core fundamentals of gameplay has been improved including passing,
dribbling, defending, and steals. Additionally, AI has been revamped to improve
individual and team defense as well as balance in “The Life" mode.